05-09-09, 02:36 AM   #1
Vashian
A Defias Bandit
Alt Button binding and the Carbonite Map

Hey there

First: Wonderful addon! A bit clunky at first but after getting used to it one can see the beauty in it.

Anyway: I have noticed that the alt, ctrl and shift buttons are toggling some behaviour of the carbonite map. But since I use those buttons for a lot of bindings I find it rather anoying to eg. see the minimap radius toggled every time I use the alt + (buttonbind) combination for an action.

Is there a way to deactivate this behaviour?

05-12-09, 02:03 AM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I also use many Alt and shift key combinations and the Alt and shift key map modifiers. It never bothered us, so we never added a way to disable it.

05-12-09, 02:27 PM   #3
Vashian
A Defias Bandit
An itty bitty simple option to disable this modifier key bind behaviour would be much appreciated

05-14-09, 04:39 AM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I added it to the todo list.

05-29-09, 07:51 PM   #5
Alcinoe
A Murloc Raider
Similar question

On a similar vein, is there a way to leave the radius on the map that toggles on with the alt key always on?

05-29-09, 08:11 PM   #6
stormkeep
Drunken Dorf

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Alcinoe View Post
On a similar vein, is there a way to leave the radius on the map that toggles on with the alt key always on?
Right click on the map
choose minimap
Drag the transparancy setting up.

07-06-09, 06:11 PM   #7
Mykolas
A Murloc Raider
I would also like the option to turn off the binding of the alt key, as it is interfering with some of the key mappings I would like to make in-game.

Thanks for this addon by the way - very useful. I was a paid subscriber before, and just recently sent in a donation after activating my accounts again. Took me a while to get used to Carbonite, but I'm hooked now.

Other suggestions (far lower priority than above)
- different ways to display the minimap buttons; I prefer gathered around the minimap personally
- tourguide support (this might be a stretch technically, not sure.)

07-06-09, 06:46 PM   #8
Mykolas
A Murloc Raider
Also seems "shift" is in the same category? I'm trying to use shift-ctrl-1 for example and all that happens is my toon's arrow on the minimap toggles back and forth...

07-27-09, 07:44 PM   #9
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

They are not key bindings. They are simple checks to see if the key is down. They do not effect or prevent key bindings.

I just made a shift-ctrl-1 key binding and it works fine. I use lots of key bindings like Alt-1, Alt-W, Alt-A, shift-A, shift-S and they work fine.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Alt Button binding and the Carbonite Map