05-11-09, 03:05 AM   #1
porfyra
A Defias Bandit
Wink Goto arrow pointing at players.

I have a sort of weird question.
when ever i enter a bg the goto arrow starts poinging at players, or at least i have a clear recolection of this happening various times.
Is it possible to make that work for anytarget any time?
as to make my goto my MT during a boss??
or the person you need to stay piled up on?
just want to set it up to goto <playername>.

Is that possible?
if so how?
thanks for the help in andvance

05-11-09, 07:09 AM   #2
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I don't think it ever occured to the programmers some people might want this (i think its a less than describable as well). But for now the only option you have is to either live with it, or disable the hud entirely in BGs (there is an option to hide it in BGs)

05-12-09, 02:33 AM   #3
porfyra
A Defias Bandit
thanks for the reply, sad it is not possible...
it should be doable to script tho no?
i mean it does point at players in bgs so i can make it point at player anytime? or it is a locked function, accesible only in bg's and such?
i tried checking the carbonite code to see if i can get that to happen but via an extra addon or so but the code in there is chaotic .. ... heh
but it would be a nice idea to implement however
the fights with "cuddle on the X player" strategies are many, and even if not knowing where the tank is with out having to look is a very usefull thing.

05-14-09, 04:18 AM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Until Blizzard added player location values while in Northrend instances, no instance would give an addon any player locations, so there was nothing to point at.

If we get enough votes to do the "Support new Northrend instance maps and player location" feature, then perhaps pointing at players could be part of that.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Goto arrow pointing at players.