07-24-09, 12:34 AM   #1
chanra
A Murloc Raider
Uh Oh...help, stupid abounds!!

ok...i looked into this add-on...liked the look of it so proceeded to go about getting it! First download of the core version was good...but had some issues with other addons and found that i could get the + version.

SOOO...i did all the membership bits, got the addon, had issues with an error message concerning the chatframe, the size adjustments to the frame didn't bother me, fixed that ok, but the error message just would not leave my screen! Sooo...further reading suggested deleting all addons, installing nUI+ on its own and slowly adding others to make sure there were no conflicts...seems reasonable and plausible...easily done. HAH...you would think so, no?

I now have ONLY nUI+ on my computer...seems it would work fine, but now i cannot even get it to show on my screen even though it is in my WoW Addons folder AND in the addon list on my character screen. I have deleted and installed this a millions times with the same result....someone please suggest what i am doing wrong here? I am at my wits end...others i have talked to have no had any trouble with conflicts etc and run other addons with this one but i can't even get it to load...so frustrated.

REALLY want to use this, would like to donate but i don't want to do this if i can't even use it to begin with...

HELP

07-24-09, 12:38 AM   #2
chanra
A Murloc Raider
OOps...also forgot to mention that when it is working, my minimap is not on the bar but still in the corner of my screen...whats that about?

07-24-09, 12:54 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The minimap display problem is due to somehow the minimap control being turned off. You can turn it back on via /nui minimap.

As to why it isn't displaying now. Are you saying that now the screen is totally addon free ? As if you have not got any addons ? Or is the screen showing something unexpected ?

Can you post a screenshot as a picture is like a thousand words ( as the saying goes and will help us identify the problem.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

07-24-09, 01:00 AM   #4
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

You may need to do a completely clean install. It sounds like something is still left over from another addon that is conflicting with nUI.

Try this; delete everything inside your addons folder, your wtf folder and your cache folder. Then reinstall nUI+, making sure that you have the latest release version.

Log back into WoW, your wtf folder will be recreated automatically so you don't need to worry about that. Hopefully this will help you.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

07-24-09, 01:03 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Of course if there is something important you have stored in the WTF folder then you might want to rename the folder for the moment so you can attempt to grab those important files back.

Characters:

07-24-09, 01:03 AM   #6
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Oh, well, yeah, that too...

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

07-24-09, 01:31 AM   #7
chanra
A Murloc Raider
My WoW screen is totally addon free, no addons, blizz configured ordinary screen Its the ONLY addon in the folder apart from the blizz addons that were there when i installed the game.

I will look into the interface for the minimap control, thank you for that.

I have deleted the WTF folder with no better results.

Shall i delete WTF then download and install the addon again? Might that help?

07-24-09, 02:48 AM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah, sounds like the vista/windows 7 multi folder problem.

Do a search for wow.exe and see how many copies you have. I suspect that at some point it asked to move it to another folder and you said yes. This new folder would be Users/Public/Games/World of Warcraft. The problem more lies with the fact that it doesn't move it but copies it over so then you have 2 versions. One in the folder you initially installed the game in and one when you said yes to that question.

If there is an nUI folder inside your World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons folder and it isn't showing then the icon you have on your desktop that you use to run WoW isn't the same folder that your addons are installed in.

Characters:

07-24-09, 03:48 AM   #9
chanra
A Murloc Raider
well...thanks for that, i tried, did the search and there is only one.

BUT...there are now two interface folders in my wow folder, one called Interface and one called Interface.20090724-193348. I am 99% sure this was created when i did a repair on the wow folder to set everything back to defaults and start from scratch. The nUI+ download was in the numbered folder, i moved it to the unnumbered one and still the same result. I also checked the nUI+ folder for the old folder inside a folder issue i have had with other addons but nada...clean file.

Can someone please let me know what documents are supposed to be inside the nUI+ folder. From what i remember from the first download, i thought there was a folder inside it as well as the data pages, but now i dont see it. There are;

Bindings
nUI.toc
nUI_PLUS_LICENSE
nUI_RELEASE_LICENSE
PATCH_NOTES

the entire file is only 80kb but in the download window it shows 1.8mb

07-24-09, 03:51 AM   #10
chanra
A Murloc Raider
Just found in the zip folder a WHOLE passel of sub folders that are not being unzipped for some reason at least its a start!

07-24-09, 03:57 AM   #11
chanra
A Murloc Raider
problem solved, thanks to all that offered help IZarc was, for some reason, not opening the entire file, just a small part. Extracted it all and it works fine...awesome, thank you, onto play!

07-24-09, 05:41 AM   #12
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Glad you got things all sorted out. Have fun playing

Characters:

07-24-09, 11:25 AM   #13
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by chanra View Post

BUT...there are now two interface folders in my wow folder, one called Interface and one called Interface.20090724-193348. I am 99% sure this was created when i did a repair on the wow folder to set everything back to defaults and start from scratch.
Just an FYI for future reference for anyone interested

Yes, when you see the WTF and Interface folders with numbers on them like that, it does mean the repair tool was ran (it does that to backup and save those folders for you).

If at any time you wish to reset all game settings and addon settings back to default, all you need to do is delete the WTF folder. If you only want to reset game settings and leave your addon settings alone, just delete the Config.wtf file located inside of the WTF folder.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Uh Oh...help, stupid abounds!!