07-31-09, 08:52 PM   #1
Spetsnaz47x
A Kobold Labourer
Exclamation One issue that is bothering the crap out of me

I have used carbonite for a short while now and have one issue that is getting ready to drive me insane.

I want to take the carbonite map and intigrate it with the minimap, but keep the original minimaps size and shape. The reason I want to do this is because I want to use an addon called SexyMap to change the borders of the minimap. Also, everytime I close the big carbonite map it only goes back to the smaller carbonite map and does not actually close the map. So basically, I am asking for the same functionality of carbonite but just intigrate it into the minimap so it stays the same size and shape of the original minimap. Is this possible? I would be more than happy to donate for your time spent making it possible.

08-01-09, 12:49 AM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

I use SexyMap as well, though I prefer to keep the Carbonite map and the Blizzard minimap separated from each other for that reason. Try it, see if it doesn't fit you better - go to the Carbonite options and uncheck "Move minimap into Carbonite map".

If not, I think there's an option or several options to do what you are requesting, unfortunately I can't access my game right now to confirm anything. Look around in the rightclick menu on the map.

08-02-09, 12:50 PM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
On the Map page of the Options window is a "Hide maximized map when ESC or map toggle (M) key pressed" setting you can enable.

The game minimap has about 5 zoom levels and at maximum does not show much area, which makes it impossible to show a zone, continent or world. We designed the Carb map to show those things. Later I added the option to put the Blizzard minimap into the Carb map, since it is the only graphic in the game that will show tracking dots and I do not like two maps on my screen. Many people prefer two maps, so they disable the option.

The Carb map can be any size you want and anywhere on the screen. Drag the corners or title bar.

08-08-09, 12:16 PM   #4
Mackeyser
A Defias Bandit
I use squeenix and have both up at the same time.

I especially like that I can be zoomed out to zone or multizone level on my carb map and focus on resources on my squeenix map. Helps me a lot.

Btw, great addon.. Once I get my money right.. I'll have to share a bit. Love this addon. The Warehouse feature is just brilliant. Can't tell you how many times I haven't had to log due to that and Profession book. Great stuff.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » One issue that is bothering the crap out of me