01-20-10, 05:05 AM   #1
Diatrive
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Unit Frames

Hello there, I have been using and packing up RDX for many years for my guild. We have become very accustomed to using the Bretheren raid frames and how to modify them to our liking, unfortunately it seems that the author of the frame is no longer playing WoW and no one else seems to have taken it over.
In order to get them to work takes lots of tinkering and modification at this point with massive trial and error on patch days, or when you update RDX.

I have tried using Healbot and other solutions but nothing is close to what we are used to.

What are all you Bretheren fans out there using now?
01-20-10, 07:27 AM   #2
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Hello,

You could try Konyagi DUI or Persolite DUI.

You can download both.

From the first menu dropdown in the main panel, you can select which DUI you want to use.
From the second menu dropdown, select the state (SOLO, PARTY, RAID, PVP or ARENA)

The RAID state Konyagi DUI contains the old tiras porah raidframes.

The RAID state Persolite DUI contains a raid frames version of Bretheren.

I am working on many new DUI and some stand alone packages at the moment.

Sigg
01-20-10, 10:45 AM   #3
Diatrive
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Thanks will be sure to give them a try. And stand alone packages of just raid frames would be fantastic.
01-20-10, 04:41 PM   #4
xenios
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I started playing again casually. I dont think i will spend the time fixing everything for 7.4. if you use 7.3.3 you can get everything mostly working if you delete the 'description' object from all of the unitframes. Oh and there was a few fixes needed for buff names as they are now case sensitive. If i feel productive i might release a 7.3.3 verison but i dont think that will happen as work is super busy .
01-22-10, 05:45 PM   #5
Diatrive
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Ahh ok, well let me take a moment to thank you for putting out by far the most impressive and useful add on me and my guild have used. I would say that no single thing has contributed more solidly to our ability in arena and raiding. Those frames and their versatility are surely the gold standard.

If you ever do redistribute them, one request is to add a way to move the debuffs to the left side outside the frame, not a real biggie as I always edited them in package manager, but walking guildies through it can be painful. Also a list of debuffs to avoid showing ie Chill of the Throne.

Some of the things that seemed to mess frames up for me were, mana bars in the standard frame, changing the icons of debuffs so I could mouse over them to see what the debuff does.

Last edited by Diatrive : 01-22-10 at 05:48 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Unit Frames