01-25-10, 05:52 PM   #1
[email protected]
A Kobold Labourer
It sounds easy but...

Hi

My concerns is by showing an UnitFrame when a certain amount of HP (Power) has reached. I tried some Variables (fh or ismax) but none has run as I like. It is possible to hide/show when HP = 0 or max but not by defining a specific amount of HP.
I know its sounds stupid and the solution is maybe easy but I haven't funded yet. So is it possible to do such thing and the most important how?

Thanks a lot for your help.
01-26-10, 04:04 AM   #2
Narinka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Through scripts and scripted var maybe. Depending on this var you show hide your frame. As I understand you should use periodic repaint to run your script for this frame all the time. Just an idea
01-26-10, 09:09 AM   #3
jfn302
An Aku'mai Servant
I'm not sure if I completely understand what you are trying to accomplish. But, I think what you are trying to accomplish is a unit frame that is visible only when the target is at full health and when the target has 0 health (dead).

If this is correct, you can set the alpha of the frame to 0 except when the player is dead (there is a status variable for it.) or when the player is at max health (which I believe there is a variable for maxhp as well). When either of those two cases are true, set the alpha to 1.
01-26-10, 09:29 AM   #4
Brainn
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
i cant check currently, but i think the variables for 0hp = dead and maxhp are available, but i think you would encounter some problems if you are trying to show/hide if one of those two variables is true, since the other would allways be false. something like this: "unithp = 0, i have to hide the frame, unithp not max, i have to show the frame". if this is what you are trying to do, you would need to do it with a scripted variable, but im not sure how exactly this would have to be set up.
01-26-10, 10:46 AM   #5
LordEther
A Defias Bandit
Sorry if i'm not very clear with my english :P.

My example, I want to show a unitframe when the target has under 2000 HP (or 20% of maxHP). If the target has more than 2000 HP (or 20% of maxHP) I want that the unit frame become invisible.
With dead or ismax, I founded how to deal with and it works perfectly. But for this specific example, I haven't succeed.

I will try with a scripted var...

Thanks a lot for your help.
01-26-10, 12:37 PM   #6
Brainn
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
for your example it would be easy to do this with a filterset.
create a new filterset, in the editor add "HP..." from the Unit Status subsection. there you select current, then define the boundaries either numerical (lower 0, upper 2000) or by percentage (lower 0, upper 20). then add a "Unit in Set" variable to your unitframe, select the new set and use that variable for your show/hide shader.
01-26-10, 04:22 PM   #7
LordEther
A Defias Bandit
It works perfectly, thanks for your help

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » It sounds easy but...