09-18-10, 05:10 AM   #1
SoulChaosX
A Murloc Raider
Angry Carbonite sucks?

last time i used carbonite it was an epic add-on with near full customization... then i quit wow for a while and i come back to get it and guess what? THE FORUMS ARE REMOVED. so i say "wth" and leave it at that... then i look into the folders of Carbonite and guess what? NO CUSTOMIZATION. this has got me soooo pissed off that i actually made an account here just to type this! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE OLD CARBONITE? IT WAS EPIC AND USEFUL THIS IS A PIECE OF CRAP! can someone tell me either how to customize it like the old version or give me a link to the REAL Carbonite?

09-18-10, 05:26 AM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Carbonite.html

To my knowledge, none of the old functions have been removed, so it's still as customizable as it was in the past.

And the forums were migrated to here on WoWInterface. Where the forums are hosted has no bearings on the addon itself.

09-19-10, 01:51 AM   #3
SoulChaosX
A Murloc Raider
Thank you for the reply. I went to bed shortly after posting it, so i didn't check on it until now. Also, thanks for being calm after me being rude but as it happens the last time I remember seeing carbonite it had a feature that allowed you to customize everything from the number of actionbars to the pixel size of the chat box... all outside of WoW, in a file if I remember correctly named "config.loc" or something along that line... also it used to be set up so that there were bars connected to all the features kind of like a link. Its similar to this black line.. but instead of it being connected to the outside it was connected through the bars and what not.

This is the carbonite i know the carbonite i seen was a glorified Bartender...

09-19-10, 02:16 AM   #4
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by SoulChaosX View Post
Thank you for the reply. I went to bed shortly after posting it, so i didn't check on it until now. Also, thanks for being calm after me being rude but as it happens the last time I remember seeing carbonite it had a feature that allowed you to customize everything from the number of actionbars to the pixel size of the chat box... all outside of WoW, in a file if I remember correctly named "config.loc" or something along that line... also it used to be set up so that there were bars connected to all the features kind of like a link. Its similar to this black line.. but instead of it being connected to the outside it was connected through the bars and what not.

This is the carbonite i know the carbonite i seen was a glorified Bartender...
As far as I know, Carbonite has never had anything to do with actionbars. As for your screenshot I don't even see anything like Carbonite there at all. Did I miss something?

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

09-19-10, 02:18 AM   #5
SoulChaosX
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
As far as I know, Carbonite has never had anything to do with actionbars. As for your screenshot I don't even see anything like Carbonite there at all. Did I miss something?
if this is not carbonite then what other popular add-on am i looking at? (im not trying to sound smart but i really would like my old UI back.)

EDIT: all im looking for is basically that black bar and what its connected to... i mean the add-on i'm talking about was super awesome and when i downloaded carbonite (im very sure of my self it was carbonite) this version was... not the right one... i mean there was a file that would let you customize EVERYTHING.

Last edited by SoulChaosX : 09-19-10 at 02:24 AM.

09-19-10, 03:22 AM   #6
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Indeed, Carbonite has never had anything to do with action bars or chat windows - at most, it does have a feature to remove the gryphons on the sides of the default action bar by Blizzard.

I think what you're looking for is Bartender, along with Skinner.

I believe I've seen that glossy UI before, and I vaguely recall the name "Glass" somethingoranother, but I can't for the life of me remember the exact name...

Last edited by Jigain : 09-19-10 at 03:26 AM.

09-19-10, 03:59 AM   #7
SoulChaosX
A Murloc Raider
i dont recall ever mixxing skinner and Bartender... atm i am using bartender but it is NOT what i used back then... this was a Complete UI add-on it had its own versions of recount and i think "skada" or somewhat threat meters

Last edited by SoulChaosX : 09-19-10 at 04:17 AM.

09-19-10, 04:26 AM   #8
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Skada Damage Meter is indeed a damage meter just like Recount.

Sounds to me like you downloaded a UI pack rather than just a single addon.

09-19-10, 04:29 AM   #9
SoulChaosX
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
Sounds to me like you downloaded a UI pack rather than just a single addon.
That may be the case considering Cosmos (a discontinued UI package) looks A LOT like the old UI i used to have... although i had ONE file to edit for the entire add-on and im sure it was just one because there were forums and everything for it. and i mean IT not them.

09-19-10, 04:39 AM   #10
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Googling for "Cosmos addon" led me to this site, which would hint at the addon being updated as recently as two months ago. However, I can't vouch for the validity of the addon or the website; for all I know it might be infested with viruses and keyloggers and whatnot. If you decide to check it out, keep that in mind.

09-19-10, 05:08 AM   #11
SoulChaosX
A Murloc Raider
it may well be released then but i checked the main website http://www.cosmosui.org/ and its not saying straightforward but im getting that the person stopped updating the lists and what-not

EDIT: again thanks for helping me here it may not be the add-on i was thinking of... so i'm tired and im gonna head to bed... i'll see if theres a rep thing or something i can do for you

Last edited by SoulChaosX : 09-19-10 at 05:24 AM.

09-19-10, 11:15 AM   #12
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That UI is LUI v2 or some later edit of it.

"The truth is like sunlight: people used to think it was good for you."

09-20-10, 07:48 AM   #13
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think there's still a forum up at LUI Home that you could get information on earlier versions from. Check out LUI v3 though. It's pretty neat.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 09-20-10 at 07:52 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite sucks?