09-19-10, 06:52 PM   #1
eberkain
A Fallenroot Satyr
Fade Out Map Only Indoors

After much tweaking I've almost got the carbonite minimap perfect for me. One thing that bugs me is that when I go indoors, it pops up the full size docked minimap art, which works great. The problem is my carbonite minimap is not square and the default minimap is. I can use the offset options to center it, but you can see the outdoor map hanging over on both sides and its a little distracting.

If I right click on the map and go to transparency->Fade Out Transparency and set that to zero then the map fades and it looks perfect indoors, but then you cant see the map outdoors. I would like a toggle so that fade out only happens when you go indoors. There may be one already, but I don't see it.

Thanks for your help.

09-20-10, 07:41 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by eberkain View Post
After much tweaking I've almost got the carbonite minimap perfect for me. One thing that bugs me is that when I go indoors, it pops up the full size docked minimap art, which works great. The problem is my carbonite minimap is not square and the default minimap is. I can use the offset options to center it, but you can see the outdoor map hanging over on both sides and its a little distracting.

If I right click on the map and go to transparency->Fade Out Transparency and set that to zero then the map fades and it looks perfect indoors, but then you cant see the map outdoors. I would like a toggle so that fade out only happens when you go indoors. There may be one already, but I don't see it.

Thanks for your help.
The easiest (and probably only) solution would be to make the Carbonite minimized map square. The map itself inside the frame actually seems to scale back a bit when you do that, so you don't "lose" anything. It's been a long time (relatively) since I used the default minimized map size. I had forgotten it was a rectangle.

If you want to make sure the map is square (don't try sizing it to the Bliz map size - The Bliz map will keep resizing as you get the frame close to it) you can try the addon Align. A simple addon that puts a grid on your screen so you can, ummm, well, align things. It also works nicely to re-size things. Personally, I leave Align at the default setting and re-size my Carbonite minimized map to "5 square". That's 5 grid sections high by 5 grid sections wide. That's just the map size, not including the frame.

Hope this helps you, and, good luck! 8^)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Fade Out Map Only Indoors