10-12-10, 11:25 AM   #1
Tweeker
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
clean up time

Been ages since i did an addon cleanup.
Can you see anything here that contradicts it's self or something that is no longer needed?
10-12-10, 12:02 PM   #2
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Wow, that's a lot of addons.

What does _MACOSX do?

Don't !BugGrabber and BugSack do the same thing?

See if you can delete Ace2 without breaking anything.

Depending on how many of your friends are Real ID friends you may or may not want to remove FriendsWithBenefits.

You have 2x GatherMate_Data.

Do you really need GearScore? Not going to start a debate here but if you just want to know your own GS then you can go to wtfismygs.com.

You have both RatingBuster and StatScore, is that needed?

Talented will be obsolete in tomorrow's patch.
10-12-10, 12:08 PM   #3
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
What does _MACOSX do?
It's a subfolder that stores folder settings on OSX, I think.

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
10-12-10, 12:09 PM   #4
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
I use OS X myself and I doubt that's true, unless it would be some hidden folder or something.

Regardless, he should be able to delete it.
10-12-10, 12:10 PM   #5
Xinhuan
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I think it will be FAR easier, if you renamed your AddOns folder to AddOnsOld, create a new AddOns folder, then start moving back folders of addons you know you absolutely must have.

!BugGrabber is the backend of BugSack (that is, BugSack is just the GUI for the command line !BugGrabber).

GatherMate and GatherMate_Data will become obsolete, look for GatherMate2 instead.
10-12-10, 02:10 PM   #6
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

What does _MACOSX do?
It is a folder created by Apple's native zipping ability. It is basically an index of the zip file's contents. If you are on a Mac, you usually don't see it as it is treated as a hidden folder. However, it is not flagged as a hidden folder as far as Windows is concerned so you will see it on Windows machines.

Basically, one of the addon authors used native Apple zipping to package his/her addon and Tweeker is on Windows.

There are archiving tools available to Mac users that do not add this extra folder.

In short, it can be safely be ignored or deleted.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]
10-12-10, 02:32 PM   #7
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

<snip>
Talented will be obsolete in tomorrow's patch.
The current version, yes. There will be a new version for 4.x, though it won't be ready in time.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
10-12-10, 02:46 PM   #8
NavyFC
A Murloc Raider
I may be way off mark here, but I think RatingBuster is obsolete now too. Since with today's patch all ratings/formulas are gone/changed and RB hasn't been updated, I don't think you could trust it.
10-12-10, 03:11 PM   #9
ShadowProwler420
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Don't _NPCScan and SilverDragon do the same thing?
And I believe Carbonite has a 'TomTom' like function built in, too.

10-12-10, 06:16 PM   #10
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by NavyFC View Post
I may be way off mark here, but I think RatingBuster is obsolete now too. Since with today's patch all ratings/formulas are gone/changed and RB hasn't been updated, I don't think you could trust it.
It looks like Whitetooth might be working on it over on WowAce, so I wouldn't write it off just yet. We'll just have to wait until he pushes a stable version over to Curse/WowInterface for download.
10-12-10, 06:24 PM   #11
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

I use OS X myself and I doubt that's true, unless it would be some hidden folder or something.

Regardless, he should be able to delete it.
Considering a folder called _MACOSX comes with your UI, I'd say it's true.
11-16-10, 12:20 PM   #12
arrcus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Sorry to dig this up as it's just over a month old.

But I just recently went through an addon overhaul, and came to realize that ACP (addon control panel) pretty much gave me the clearest indicator of which addons to delete.

Any addon that you don't use is usually disabled, or any module of an addon that you don't use you've disabled through it's config menu. For example, Pitbull4 has tons of modules, many of which you'll never use. Like if you don't plan on making a rogue/druid; you won't need Combo Points. Most of us never raid lead, so there's no use for the ready check icon. Others that most people never use: Aggro, CastBar Latency, Combat Fader, Combat Text, DogtagText, Happiness Icon, Highlight, Hostility Fader, Manaspark, Range Fader, Role Icon, Sounds, ThreatBar, Visual Heal, and Voice Icon (no one uses in game voice chat :P)

This is just from one addon

Also Leatrix Latency Fix is not an addon, all you do is run the registry fix inside the folder.

But yea, your best bet is to do what Xinhuan said and just make a new AddOns folder.
11-16-10, 05:11 PM   #13
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by arrcus View Post
... if you don't plan on making a rogue/druid; you won't need Combo Points.
That's actually not true. Many vehicles used by all classes in raids have "combo points". For example, the drakes used in Malygos phase 3 have combo points. Even if you're not a rogue or druid, you (should) care about being able to see your vehicle's combo points.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » clean up time