02-15-11, 12:40 AM   #1
skorpio25
A Defias Bandit
Priest Power Word: Shield text

Hello, i'm just trying to make a very simple addon... it would be my first, i am getting the hang of editing others addons to suit them to my liking, however i'm at a loss for actually creating a mod to do this. All i'm looking to do is check to see if the player has the PW:S buff on them, and if they do create a frame to show the amount of absorb remaining.

I imagine this can be done with the unitBuff("player", "Power Word: Shield") and then extracting the amount remaining right out of the tooltip. Now i'm curious would it be best to make a little plug in to do this, something that i have no idea how to do, or would it be better to just try and rig this into an existing player module? Is anyone willing to work with me on this and figure it out? I'm fairly certain its easy to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
02-15-11, 11:18 AM   #2
Dawn
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
1. Wrong sub-forum
2. There's Shieldmonitor

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

02-15-11, 03:02 PM   #3
skorpio25
A Defias Bandit
Sorry, i had the idea of making this addon a plugin for oUF, and i figured that since that addon hadn't been updated in 3 months it may not work... i'll check it out. thanks though
02-15-11, 04:22 PM   #4
Dawn
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by skorpio25 View Post
Sorry, i had the idea of making this addon a plugin for oUF
Ah, this wasn't clear in your initial post. A plugin should be possible, but this could as well be done through tags.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

02-15-11, 10:10 PM   #5
skorpio25
A Defias Bandit
tags huh? I will look into that! sorry i was unclear in my first post.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Priest Power Word: Shield text