06-02-11, 09:46 AM   #1
Albie
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Suggestion - Quest Item Prerequisites

Ok, this time I did do a search for this topic and it yielded no results so I am making the suggestion.

There are a number of quests that I have done that have prerequisites in order to accomplish the actual quest item. For example, the Dalaran cooking daily "Mustard Dogs" requires you to make 4 Rhino Dogs, and gather 4 Mustard Seeds before making them into the basket. Carbonite only tracks if you have the basket. Another example is the Argent Tournament daily "A Worthy Weapon" which requires you to gather 4 Winter Hyacinths before taking them across Northrend to turn them in for the quest item. It would be nice if Carbonite would track the prerequisites as well (perhaps change their look a bit so we know they are a prerequisite and we need to do/gather those before completing the actual quest objective) I think this would really help. Like most of us, I rarely actually read the quest info, I just accept the quest and start tracking it, so it kind of sucks for those quests which require you to grab something before traveling a long distance.

Thanks for all you do.

06-03-11, 05:35 PM   #2
Crystallyne
A Fallenroot Satyr
I'd love to have this feature as well. But adding to that, there are a number of situations where you use one quest item to get another quest item, and then use the next quest item to get the final item you need. For example, sorry I don't know the name of the quest, but the cooking (or is it fishing?) daily in Orgrimmar where you use a knife to cut off the tail of a thunder lizard, then use the bit of tail to shock fish so you can collect them. The carbonite quest tracker has the handy feature of providing a button you can click to use the quest items. So, in the above example, getting the bit of tail is easy. But to actually collect the fish you then need to open your bags, find the tail bit, and use it from your bags. It'd be great if the item icon can be updated for the next item, or added below the first one or something to that affect.

Definitely not a big deal for me, but never hurts to make the suggestion!

06-06-11, 12:14 PM   #3
Albie
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Yes, I agree, that would be nice too... also, it would work nice for the one in Icecrown where you have to gather the flowers.

But for now, I just have both the flowers and the horn/tusk (whatever it's called) for the fishing daily in my action bar. So I can just use it straight from there.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Suggestion - Quest Item Prerequisites