05-17-06, 08:32 AM   #1
Stanz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Show Frames with ALT+Z

I'm aware of some method to dehook the frames from the UI in some way so that it will show even with ALT+Z on. Could someone help me with this as I can't find anywhere else with this information. Thanks.
05-17-06, 08:45 AM   #2
Gello
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Change its parent from UIParent to nil or WorldFrame.
05-17-06, 08:52 AM   #3
Stanz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
That seems to work, ty. Another question though, am I mistaken or can a frame not be updated while ALT+Z is up? I'm currently messing around with a frame using ColorCycle and it sticks on one frame when I ALT+Z.

EDIT: Nm, Just had to remove it from some ColorCycle frames too. =)

Last edited by Stanz : 05-17-06 at 08:54 AM.
05-17-06, 12:15 PM   #4
hikaricore
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

oddly enough i was about to post a similar message about this yesterday but got sidetracked

needing to edit the aggro alert mod I use to show after alt+z like target health does, ty for the info should be able to accomplish my goal now

one quick question if anyone knows tho, is it possible to unhook my default player frame in a similar manner without writing a complicated hijack mod to do so for me? I have horrible fps in large raid groups and getting a new video card just isn't in my budget atm, so i hide everything but target health when i'm in zg and such. would be awesome if I could see my frame for referance such as I'm about to die lol

thanks in advance.
05-17-06, 05:00 PM   #5
Guvante
An Aku'mai Servant

Try this script:

PlayerFrame:SetParent(WorldFrame);

Not sure on the frame names, but if you are already neck deep in the FrameXml, it shouldn't be too bad to find the proper names for those two
05-17-06, 09:43 PM   #6
hikaricore
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Guvante
Try this script:

PlayerFrame:SetParent(WorldFrame);

Not sure on the frame names, but if you are already neck deep in the FrameXml, it shouldn't be too bad to find the proper names for those two
double checking wowwiki for framename real quick thanks a ton, my fps are soon to *hug* you

*edit* managed to get playerframe targetframe and my aggroalert mod showing using a script macro for this method

oddly wow doesn't seem to like when you change the parent of key frames to the default UI.. after an hour or so I am unable to open more than one frame window at a time or detarget a mob... this will take some thinking.

Last edited by hikaricore : 05-18-06 at 12:03 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Show Frames with ALT+Z