07-25-09, 01:15 PM   #1
nickyjean
Premium Member
Premium Member
Map overlays

So I was playing around with TomTom today and wondering wouldn't it be nice if you could select all the rares in the barrens and mark them with waypoints. Or keep all the treasure chest marked. Or take it a step further and mark places in city for attacks on specific guards or hiding places for city raids.

Then with each of these maps you can save these as overlays so you don't have to keep each waypoint showing all the time.

I'm thinking this would be a cross between tomtom/drawning board and one of those routing options you can do with Cartographer or something. I also have instance maps which have issues because of the noncordinates. But if can be saves as an over lay and sent to other party/raid members who have the same map then it could make things that much easier. I figure there may be an issue if you don't have maps at the same scale for instance maps but maybe there can be a fit map scale work around.

Most importantly being able to save those overlays to use and share again and again would be the important part.

Please make suggestions or even say the ideas silly. Any reply would be helpful.
07-25-09, 03:00 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Have you tried HandyNotes?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-25-09, 08:49 PM   #3
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Get HandyNotes and SilverDragon.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
07-25-09, 11:20 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
I hadda laugh... what you said made me think of these.

I must be tired rofl.
07-26-09, 02:24 AM   #5
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

...once again, the Internet has left me wondering WTF is wrong with people...

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
07-26-09, 04:44 AM   #6
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
I hadda laugh... what you said made me think of these.

I.... wha... uh.... I'm not sure what disturbs me more. That those are available or that she knew about them.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Map overlays