07-31-09, 08:40 PM   #1
Morant
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

If you have the time to give some help...

I have an issue here...

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...068#post150068

Just the last two entries I have made is my main frustration, but feel free to input about anything. I didn't want to clutter another thread but draw some expert advise to this one.

I really have tried to understand this.

Thanks!
08-01-09, 07:31 AM   #2
xConStruct
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Morant View Post
In trying to reason things out for myself I first come to the notion it is the IDnumber assingned to the "Frame" upon its creation. I am fairly sure that is not quite right as I only created a single frame.
As far as I know, that's right. Each frame is basically a table (with a metatable for frame-function in the back, but that's a different story) with an unique ID. /reloadui's create the frames anew and so they get other ID's.

It's basically impossible that your short code introduces this behaviour (especially with the two different table-ID's) and that your "alerts == 1" is ignored in some case - there seems to interfere something in it.

So, could you please post your whole code? Including the aura-tables, including the debug-output and other function your addon maybe has?

P.S.: Just a thought - is your 'alerts'-variable local? Because if it's not, maybe something else modifies it ...

Oh hai!
08-01-09, 11:32 AM   #3
Morant
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Posted in the other thread.

Like to keep my clutter contained to one if I can, at least on this subject.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » If you have the time to give some help...