04-07-09, 08:15 PM   #1
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

auto thankyou emote idea

there's a mod called autores that automatically does a /thank to the person who ressed you. Maybe there is already, or someone could make a mod that auto thanks for not only resses, but portals, summons, mage tables, soulstones, feasts, after a trade, or possibly when you get a tip. nothing too spammy, but the things that one is really thankful for. i know some people take the stance that modding thank yous defeats the purpose and makes them meaningless. but when raiding, it can be too time consuming to figure out who it was, target them, then emote, by that time they might not even be around to see it. my intent really is to give an honest thanks, no harm in making it easy.
04-08-09, 12:42 AM   #2
Sekrin
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not sure how much of that would actually be doable - for example, I don't think portals and mage tables will be traceable back to their owner when you use them.

Trading would probably be doable, but it would be problematic - you could end up thanking people when they should be thanking you. And the same goes for tipping.

You might want to have a look at one my addons, Thanks4Buff (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...anks4Buff.html), which does - well, exactly what it says on the tin, really. It thanks people for buffing you - although not party and raid members (as that'd get very spammy).
04-08-09, 03:51 AM   #3
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

infact your addon is sorta my inspiration for this idea. and it wouldn't be when you use the portal/table/etc, it would be when it is cast, so it would be exactly the same as Thanks4Buff except looking for different things, and instead mostly be only in-party/raid. thanking after trades would be a bit more tricky id imagine. but everything else would for sure be announce in the combat log.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » auto thankyou emote idea