09-09-09, 11:08 AM   #1
Roane
A Theradrim Guardian
Thorns (Buff) Timer?

I am constantly forgetting to re-cast Thorns on the pet that's tanking for my duo. Can someone recommend an add-on (or tell me how to do something with PowerAuras or HotCandy or something like it) that will tell me when Thorns on another party member is about to expire? I tried Inline Aura (which is excellent) but I have to select the party member (in this case, a party pet who can't speak up) in order to see the timer, which doesn't help. I really just need a timer that will say something whenever ten minutes is up, and that starts when I cast that buff, and that persists even when I don't have the buff target selected. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Edited to add: By the way, I'd really like to avoid adding another bar mod. If I can make HotCandy, which I already use, track Thorns then that would be great. Or if PowerAuras pops up an icon/graphical reminder, that's great. I don't want to add anything else to my screen, unless it's small and unobtrusive. I'm looking more for a nag/reminder that it's time to rebuff Thorns.

Last edited by Roane : 09-09-09 at 11:14 AM.
09-09-09, 11:13 AM   #2
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sure, you can do it with PowerAuras. party1pet or party2pet would be the unit.

If you don't care about an addon with more features, you could try ZOMGBuffs, wich will make sure your entire group has mark of the wild in the first place, and you can set it to always cast thorns on everyone as well.

Alternately, you could do it without any addons, but you will have to set the pet as your focus unit.

Last edited by ravagernl : 09-09-09 at 11:15 AM.
09-09-09, 11:37 AM   #3
Roane
A Theradrim Guardian
Thanks. I have to admit that I find PowerAuras' configuration terribly confusing, but my limited recent play time has made me impatient which I'm sure contributes to that. I'll give it another try.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Thorns (Buff) Timer?