11-15-09, 07:20 PM   #1
Forage
A Murloc Raider
Dropdown Menu Help

I have a bag addon that I have been managing and modifying and the menu on right click is fine. The 2 sub menus are very buggy and for the life of me I can't figure out what is causing it. Since this is kind of hard to explain i'll show some images of what I mean.

This is the standard right click menu which is working without a problem.

This is me mousing over the option to bring up the 2nd sub menu which will let me assign the item to a category and then the next menu would be assigning it to a group.

You can see where I am mousing over the Assign item to catagory which is high lighted, As soon as I mouseover the Category 1 through 15 bars in the submenu they just disappear.

This is what I should be getting and I can get it if I move the mouse back and forth really fast until the menu stays up but as you can imagine that is frustrating and not enjoyable at all.

So if anyone knows why this would happen to what I can do to correct it I would greatly appreciate it.
11-15-09, 07:43 PM   #2
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Have you tried a delay that effects when it (menu) disappears after mouse leaves it's 'body'?

I've seen this behaviour before, but I can't recall where, or what fixed it exactly. iirc, though, there was a delay involved for mouseover.
11-15-09, 11:03 PM   #3
wurmfood
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just a thought, but if you have a script on the window to hide it if the mouse leaves the menu frame, that probably triggers when you move to the menu that shows up with the "catagories within bar xx" is highlighted.

You might be able to check to see if the mouse is within a child of the frame and don't hide in that case.
11-15-09, 11:32 PM   #4
Forage
A Murloc Raider
Hmm checked for the mouse hiding but don't see it anywhere. I'm going to see if I can find a way to add a delay to it just need to keep it from closing so fast it's pretty frustrating for users.

thanks for the information, appreciate it.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Dropdown Menu Help