05-30-09, 09:33 AM   #1
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
First Minor Patch

Note: To see current status of any version planned for release, you can always go to the roadmap at http://www.mmoui.com/bugs/roadmap_page.php

Hey guys,

I'm currently putting the finishing touches on a patch to heuristics and a few other bugs that I considered critical. Within the next few days, you should see at the top of Minion a message saying that there are updates available. I just wanted to go over this process briefly.

This is NOT a critical update. Critical updates will be posted any time something significant changes in the API and the module wouldn't be able to run otherwise. While it's pretty much certain you're going to want to update to the new version, I'm not going to enforce it. Critical updates are enforced and must be installed otherwise the application will shut down. This is not one of those times.

For non-critical updates, you will be instructed to go to the module center to update. This is available by going to the menu, selecting "Tools" and then "Module Center"

From there, you will see two options: The core can be updated with the "Update Core" button. The module itself can be updated by clicking on the button that has the version number on it. These must be done separately, unfortunately, and the core always has priority.

The core will be updated using an external program which will be downloaded, much like how WoW updates. WoWI's module will be updated in-place and the program will not have to restart.

If you have any issues with the update procedure, please let me know. However, if you DO have issues, also take note that it may just be easier to reinstall as it's effectively the same thing

This update is being pushed with a "delete configuration" flag, due to the possibility that your addons are linked to the wrong locations on the site. Your WoWI module's configuration will thus be deleted in the process. Expect to have to re-update things that you've already updated and to have to specify your WoW folder's location if it's not there currently. This is NOT typical, however in this situation I think it's necessary. In fact, this wasn't even possible until I made a change to the core specifically for this update
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
05-30-09, 06:54 PM   #2
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As always people.

This little baby still in beta.

Make a backup copy of your WTF and Interface folders before proceeding
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » First Minor Patch