10-09-12, 05:31 PM   #1
Nitewraith
A Kobold Labourer

Mini map help

OK it might just be me being retarded but I need help.

here are my issues...

1) The mini map docking.. I use square. It shows me 2 maps in one. I have the big non detailed map and a smaller "docked" map with detail. The little map shows my PoI but not the quest givers, nor the gather nodes. The larger map shows the quest givers and gather node but no PoI and shows them in like an overlay version and not to scale with the size of my map. I have resized the "dock" map and played with all the options and still can not find the way to fix this.

2) Quest on the maps. I get an arrow pointing to the tracked quest but once in the "area" nothing highlights. i see on the download write up it shows quests highlight colors for tracked quests. I do have those buttons checked but nothing shows up. I think it goes back to issue #1 as to way it is not showing.

3) when I hit L to bring up the quest log I jsut get a black screen. now it has my quests listed but no map to show where they are and no write up explaining the quest. Just the zone and name. nothing more.

As i said most likely something easy that I am doing wrong so hopefully someone will understand what i am trying to say and give me ideas on how to fix it..

thanks

10-10-12, 03:36 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Make sure your installation of Carbonite is up to date. Current version is 5.053.
If you check the "Carbonite.toc" file in your main Carbonite folder, you will see the line "## Version: 5.05.03" for the latest version.

If your Carbonite is up to date, please post a screen shot to illustrate your problem with the Carbonite map.

One thing you might want to try: I noticed just today that if you have the Carbonite minimized map zoomed out too far, and the maps are merged (Carb map and Blizz minimap), the minimap stays visible and docked in the Carbonite minimized map. To cure this, you have to hover the Carbonite minimized map (and stay off of the docked Blizzard Minimap) and slowly zoom the Carbonite minimized map in. I use my mouse scroll wheel to zoom Carbs map, but you can also use the "+" and "-" buttons on the map toolbar if you use it. The Blizz minimap should "disappear" at a certain point, and that's when you should stop zooming the Carbonite map.

If that solves your problem, right click the Carbonite minimized map and choose "Save map scale" in the menu. You will notice that there is also a "Restore saved map scale" option, but remember that if you haven't set the map scale yet, you can't restore it. You can set a key bind for the restore option in Blizzards key binding interface. Just open Blizzards key binding interface and scroll down to the "Carbonite" sub heading and enter your key bind there.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Mini map help