02-15-10, 05:53 PM   #1
pär
A Murloc Raider

Alchemy: Flask of the North for Druids/Shaman

As far as I know the Flask of the North problem only occurs for Druids and Shaman - who will get a different buff from the same item, alternating between Spellpower and Strength for druids and Spellpower and Attack Power (?) for Shamans.

This means that every hour or so any Alchemist Shaman or Druid has to pop the flask (easily macro'd) and then mouse over the buff to make sure he or she has the right buff for their current spec.

Which all doesn't sound very painful until you do this every hour on the hour for the entirety of your playtime in wow - unless you're using a different flask for pvp or raiding.

1. pop flask - easy, simple, quick macro
2. find the buff - not too hard unless you have your UI elements downsized
3. mouse-over - p.i.t.a. every hour on the hour

Solution (preferred): addon that let's me click, and then click again if I don't happen to get the "right" buff, or even better just a simple quiet printed line to chat that says which of the two buffs I just got

Solution (acceptable): off-the-shelf current addon that let's me easily and graphically track this somehow - either by writing out the full text of the buff (which will say either +XX Spellpower or +40 Strength), or by displaying an icon or something, or by telling me that my Strength just went up by 40

Solution (last resort): go insane

BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL - I CALL ON YOU, INTERNET, COME TO MY AID!

EDIT: Issue is also current for Paladins who either get Str or SP.

EDIT 2:

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/flask-north/

never fail to find something right after you ask people

EDIT 3: Turns out the addon works - sometimes.

Last edited by pär : 02-16-10 at 11:47 AM.
02-16-10, 12:15 PM   #2
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Stripped my own Announce addon down to only Flask of the North. Hope this helps.

Flasked North

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.
02-16-10, 01:51 PM   #3
pär
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Yourstruly View Post
Stripped my own Announce addon down to only Flask of the North. Hope this helps.

Flasked North

YOU ROCK, SIR

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Alchemy: Flask of the North for Druids/Shaman