05-28-09, 11:04 PM   #1
wagglesmurfsignup
A Defias Bandit
oUF_coree Problems

Hey, I'm using oUF_coree based of oUF_p3lim, and I'm having trouble getting arena frames to work.

I've searched everywhere, but I can't find any documentation on how this is done...

I've so far added in

Code:
oUF:Spawn("arena1"):SetPoint("RIGHT", oUF.units.targettarget, 112, 0)
oUF:Spawn("arena2"):SetPoint("BOTTOM", oUF.units.arena1, 0, -23)
oUF:Spawn("arena3"):SetPoint("BOTTOM", oUF.units.arena2, 0, -23)
oUF:Spawn("arena4"):SetPoint("BOTTOM", oUF.units.arena3, 0, -23)
oUF:Spawn("arena5"):SetPoint("BOTTOM", oUF.units.arena4, 0, -23)
But it doesn't work. I'm using gladius now, and I've configured it to look very similar to my oUF layout, but a couple of things still bug me. I use oUF_smooth, so that discrepancy between oUF's nicely smoothed transitions and Gladius's abrupt bar changes is slightly annoying. I'd much rather use oUF for all my unitframes. I looked at some code in Gladius, and the author instantiates the frames using
Code:
 	for i=1, 5 do
		arenaUnits["arena" .. i] = "playerUnit"
		arenaUnits["arenapet" .. i] = "arena" .. i
	end
running a loop for what looks to be an array maybe? I'm terrible at lua. Does anyone know the proper way of adding in arena support in an oUF layout, more specifically oUF_p3lim/oUF_coree?

oUF is incredibly frustrating without the ability to spawn test frames - is there any way to do so?

Finally, I am trying to replicate p3lim's nice idea of making all auras but the ones you apply grey/black. Currently all that happens is that all auras have a border with the color of your class - you still can't differentiate between your buff/debuff or someone else's.

The relevant code is
Code:
local function createAura(icons, button)
	local pcolor = UnitIsPlayer("player") and RAID_CLASS_COLORS[select(2, UnitClass("player"))]
	icons.showDebuffType = true
	button.cd:SetReverse()
	button.icon:SetTexCoord(0.07, 0.93, 0.07, 0.93)
	button.overlay:SetTexture([=[Interface\AddOns\oUF_coree\media\border]=])
	button.overlay:SetTexCoord(0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1.0)
	if (pcolor) then
		button.overlay.Hide = function(self) self:SetVertexColor(pcolor.r, pcolor.g, pcolor.b) end
	else 
		button.overlay.Hide = function(self) self:SetVertexColor(.25, .25, .25) end
	end
	button:SetScript('OnMouseUp', onMouseUp)
end

local function updateAura(icons, unit, icon, index)
	if(icon.debuff and UnitIsEnemy('player', unit)) then
		local _, _, _, _, _, duration, _, caster = UnitAura(unit, index, icon.filter)
		if(caster ~= 'player' and caster ~= 'vehicle') then
			icon.icon:SetDesaturated(true)
			icon.overlay:SetVertexColor(0.25, 0.25, 0.25)
		else
			icon.icon:SetDesaturated(false)
		end
	end
end
but, as stated, it doesn't work. I've replaced (pcolor.r, pcolor.g, pcolor.b) with (0.25, 0.25, 0.25) so everything's a consistent grey/black color, but I'd love to get coloring on my aura applications working!

Thanks for reading!

EDIT: Well, I've decided to switch to Pitbull4 + Gladius for the time being. I guess my query is "resolved." I'll leave this here in case other people also have had my problems and are looking for an answer; perhaps I may move back to oUF later (maybe if I magically cease to suck balls at using the oUF API).

Last edited by wagglesmurfsignup : 05-29-09 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Problem Resolved For Me

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » oUF_coree Problems