02-06-12, 05:35 AM   #1
Vitarko
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation Looking for add-on developer (preferably Russian speaking)

Hi all!

I'm looking for add-on developer. Preferably russian speaking.

Goals:
- Cooperation in the development of service for WOW community;
- Аssessment of labor and development costs;
- (in perspective) Paid to develop and / or equity participation in the profits from the project (to become co-founder).

Please send your short CV (with equivalent experience) to my email address.

Thx!
________
Всем привет!

Ищу разработчика аддонов. Желательно русскоговорящего.

Цели:
- Сотрудничество в разработке сервиса для сообщества ВоВ.
- Оценка трудоемкости и стоимости реализации.
- (в перспективе) оплата за разработку и/или позиция соучредителя.

Пожалуйста, присылайте Ваше короткое резюме (с указанием эквивалентного опыта) на мой почтовый адрес.

Спасибо!
02-06-12, 01:26 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Vitarko View Post
or equity participation in the profits from the project (to become co-founder).
You aren't allowed to charge for addons for WoW only accept donations, so 'profits' are purely speculative.
02-06-12, 03:39 PM   #3
Vitarko
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
You aren't allowed to charge for addons for WoW only accept donations, so 'profits' are purely speculative.
Ofc, I know it =) But if you may noticed I didn't tell a single word about project monetization, so...=) This details I'll discuss with successfull candidate only. The only thing I can say is that profit is really reachable, and could be very very "tasty" =) And I need good developer in my team to make it real. That's why i'm here.
02-06-12, 04:00 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Honestly, you'll need to be a bit more open if you want "serious" developers and not just "curious" ones with time to kill.

How do you intend to make a profit off of something that must be available free of charge? How do you (or we) know that what you want to do is even possible?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-06-12, 04:23 PM   #5
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Every now and then a vague topic like this pops up and we're all suspicious of it. So please, if you're genuinely looking for authors then be more specific.
02-06-12, 08:15 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It usually turns out to be something that isn't possible/feasible anyway, once the poster actually comes out and says what kind of addon they want made.
02-07-12, 01:20 AM   #7
Vitarko
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Honestly, you'll need to be a bit more open if you want "serious" developers and not just "curious" ones with time to kill.

How do you intend to make a profit off of something that must be available free of charge? How do you (or we) know that what you want to do is even possible?
Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
Every now and then a vague topic like this pops up and we're all suspicious of it. So please, if you're genuinely looking for authors then be more specific.
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
It usually turns out to be something that isn't possible/feasible anyway, once the poster actually comes out and says what kind of addon they want made.
All right. I'll try to give you a bit more info without opening the general idea. I'm pretty sure that what I want to develop is real.

Service that I want to create will consist of 2 parts. The website(server) part (where users will register their accounts and manage some settings) and the wow add-on part (the main task of the addon - securely connect to the server side, take some information from the user profile and display it in game, gather fight logs and send them to server side and reseive some info based on those logs to show it to user in game). I respectfully ask you not to force me to write here monetization of the project. This part I will discuss privately with the successful candidate. Addon course will be distributed free of charge, so as not to violate the policy of Blizzard. Monetization will be built differently.

For those who think that this is another delusion, from which nothing happens I'll tell not much about myself. I have extensive project management experience in various fields (IT, marketing). I ran a project worth several million dollars. Also I have experience in managing not large companies (here you can get a bit more info about me http://www.linkedin.com/in/vkiselev, just sorry that the English profile is not filled completely, but those who understand Russian can look at the Russian profile, much more information is there).
Also can be said that I already have the potential Investors who are interested in this project. I have worked with lawyers for legal purity of the project (policies and rules will not be violated).

According to this, modestly believe that my idea is not just another delusion, but something more. The only thing I need now is to find a team for the project and understand the cost of implementation.
02-07-12, 01:50 AM   #8
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Vitarko View Post
Service that I want to create will consist of 2 parts. The website(server) part (where users will register their accounts and manage some settings) and the wow add-on part (the main task of the addon - securely connect to the server side, take some information from the user profile and display it in game, gather fight logs and send them to server side and reseive some info based on those logs to show it to user in game).
This is not possible. Addons run in a sandboxed envorinment, and cannot interact with anything outside of the game.

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
02-07-12, 01:53 AM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I'm sure they mean by importing the WTF file created from the in game encounter.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
02-07-12, 04:35 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
And Phanx and I had the correct hunch. We've seen these sort of posts before, where someone is so secretive of their idea. Once we drag it out what they want, it isn't doable anyway.

To expand on what TMcMahon51 and Xrystal said, WoW cannot access anything outside of it. The addon cannot connect to a server to upload or download data. Surely you did research before contacting investors and talking to lawyers?

The *only* way that this would work would be to have a separate 3rd party executable which would handle the exporting/importing of data (or to have the user manually upload to the website). Addons can only write to their saved variables files in the WoW directory. These files are only written to during a /reload or when logging out/exiting the game. These files are also only read from during a /reload or when logging in.

There was a Twitter addon/app combo once. Every time you wanted to send a message to Twitter or update the list of tweets to read, the UI needed to /reload. If you haven't heard of this addon, that speaks to its popularity and success.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Looking for add-on developer (preferably Russian speaking)