08-08-09, 04:47 AM   #1
Jezebelia
A Kobold Labourer

NUI add on toggle pane, seperate

Hi there, I recently tried NUI and it is really nice, I would keep using it except the action buttons are a little too small on my screen. I am getting older and it just may be me. . . Anyhoo, that little toggle pane window with the little battlemap .. the one that you can toggle the panes to Omen, recount, healbot etc. I want that.. seriously. Why hasn't someone come up with that yet.. a place I can keep all those add ons on my screen in one little window that I can scroll through. Maybe someday NUI will have a feature that allows me to change the scale as well as the location of the action bars, I don't need nearly as many, but I need em bigger. Until that day though, I really would like a little Add on flip book thingy
08-08-09, 07:50 AM   #2
DKeva
A Defias Bandit
My action bar buttons are too small (or big)...

At the moment, there is no in-game way to do this... it's on the to-do list to make modifying nUI's layout, elements and options possible via a GUI tool. However, for now, that is not possible.

The short answer to your question, then, is no. However, the long answer is that you can do it by hand if you really want to. Edit the file [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > nUI_Layout_Default_Dashboard.lua ] and locate the section "nUI_DefaultConfig.ButtonBars" which has subsections in it for every action bar nUI supports. Each one of those sections has a "btn_size =" option in it which controls how big the action bar buttons are on that bar... changing the button size will cause the cause the button to be bigger or smaller accordingly.

You can play with it while you're in game... open the file in a plain text editor (like notepad) and make your change, then save the file and use the '/nui rl' slash command to reload the UI. If you like what you so, you're done. If not, you can change it again and save it then reload the UI again, rinse and repeat until you get the size the way you want it.

There is, however, a side effect... if you change the button size, then the whole bar gets bigger or smaller, and that means it doesn't fit in the space provided for it anymore, either. You can use the '/nui movers' option to unlock the action bars so you can move them if you need to.

I'll add, as well, that you can comment out, or remove, bar from the layout as well which will remove them from nUI's display. The characters "--[[" start a block comment and "]]--" ends a block comment so in the following example, the main action bar is visible and the the second bar is removed...

-- Code:
nUI_DefaultConfig.ButtonBars =
{
["nUI_ActionBar"] =
{
btn_size = 53.5, change this 70 o more
gap = 2,
anchor = "BOTTOM",
xOfs = 0,
yOfs = 123,
rows = 1,
cols = 12,
page = 1,
nuibind = "nUI_ACTIONBAR",
binding = "ACTIONBUTTON",
label = nUI_L["nUI_ActionBar"],
},

--[[
-- the Bliz "bottom left" bar

["nUI_TopLeftBar"] =
{
btn_size = 53.5, change this 70 o more
gap = 2,
anchor = "TOPRIGHT",
yOfs = 122,
xOfs = 0,
rows = 1,
cols = 12,
page = 6,
nuibind = "nUI_TOPLEFTBAR",
binding = "MULTIACTIONBAR1BUTTON",
label = nUI_L["nUI_TopLeftBar"],
},
]]--
};

copy paste > http://www.nuiaddon.com/faq.html
08-08-09, 08:50 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah, thats what I do. From memory I have my main action bar resized to 73 or 74 to fit my screen.

Here's what my layout looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_072509_024531.jpg
Views:	727
Size:	406.0 KB
ID:	3152  

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » NUI add on toggle pane, seperate