06-09-09, 12:50 PM   #1
mrdummy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Exclamation Missing Breath bar!

When i played Wow for short time, with updated addons from here, i discovered the Breath bar is gone. I thought i have free breath, but it's not. I'm already dead after 2,5 minutes inside the water.

I'm still surprised which updated addon should cause to prevent showing Breath bar when swimming inside water. (even wit unload outdated addon, the bar is still gone) I know it is not gone some time ago, but now it's just gone.

Who has discovered the bug or programming error, which cause the hidden breath bar?
06-09-09, 12:53 PM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by mrdummy View Post
When i played Wow for short time, with updated addons from here, i discovered the Breath bar is gone. I thought i have free breath, but it's not. I'm already dead after 2,5 minutes inside the water.

I'm still surprised which updated addon should cause to prevent showing Breath bar when swimming inside water. (even wit unload outdated addon, the bar is still gone) I know it is not gone some time ago, but now it's just gone.

Who has discovered the bug or programming error, which cause the hidden breath bar?
How about posting a list of your AddOns? Even if it is just a screenshot of your AddOns folder so we can help track down the culprit.
06-09-09, 04:17 PM   #3
mrdummy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I have installed many addons here so it takes long time to check for possible problems. At least 40 different addons, but my game runs fine.

I use many popular addons (Atlas, Auctioneer, QuestHelper, Bagnon, Alphamap, Dominos, Titan, LightHeaded, IceHUD, Metamap, MapNotes, Mobmap, NotesUNeed, XPerl) and many small addons.

I have not added much new addons, mostly updating and so far i know, no one does disappear breath bar. But now it's gone, which means there is very small conflict with Blizzard part. One of the updated addons is doing wrong.
06-09-09, 05:15 PM   #4
BWarner
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by mrdummy View Post
I have installed many addons here so it takes long time to check for possible problems. At least 40 different addons, but my game runs fine.

I use many popular addons (Atlas, Auctioneer, QuestHelper, Bagnon, Alphamap, Dominos, Titan, LightHeaded, IceHUD, Metamap, MapNotes, Mobmap, NotesUNeed, XPerl) and many small addons.

I have not added much new addons, mostly updating and so far i know, no one does disappear breath bar. But now it's gone, which means there is very small conflict with Blizzard part. One of the updated addons is doing wrong.
He wasn't saying your game was failing to run correctly. And most likely, there is no conflict - an addon is probably doing exactly as it was coded to do.

Either a copy/paste list of your addons, or a screenshot, as requested by Lykofos, could help us in finding the solution to this error. It's most likely a cast-bar, ui frame, or buff mod, though there are a number of mods that could potentially play with this basic functionality in ways that you may not haver expected.

Also, if you are feeling frisky...

Try doing this, to find the culprit. Install ACP (Addon Control Panel), or some other in-game mode manager. Now, disable all addons that start with the letters A-M, and leave the addons that start with N-Z running (obviously, leave the addon control mod running). Reload the ui (/rl, /reloadui, or /console reloadui). Test it by going underwater. Is the breath bar there?

If it appears, good job! You've now established that the issue most likely lies with an addon that starts with A-M. You can then further narrow it down by extending this basic concept (enable all but A-F, for example, and so on).

If the breath bar is still not appearing after the initial disabling of the addons, reverse it. Try enabling all addons with A-M, and disabling all from N-Z. If you get the breath bar

This is, of course, assuming it's a single-mod functionality, which I believe it is.
06-09-09, 05:34 PM   #5
Verissi
Premium Member

Many of the addons that alter casting bars will handle the mirror bar as well (which displays fatigue and breathing). I personally use Quartz and had to enable display of the mirror bar in the Quartz options to see it. If you use Quartz or a similar casting bar modification addon, check in its options for the mirror bar display and enable it.

If you don't know what addon might be causing it otherwise, though, the above tips are helpful for narrowing it down.
06-10-09, 12:32 PM   #6
mrdummy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
There are two addons who can hide bars: X-Perl and IceHud.

After testing, Icehud is the cause.
When i take a look in settings and read the comments, the part "Mirrorbarhandler" is indeed here. It's enables, but other bar setttings are not enabled. It's first time to see it, because i use IceHUD for long time, and never has problems with it. Perhaps i have clicked on it by accident, but i don't remember it very much.

Now i see the weakness of Mirrorbarhandler and IceHUD. Because i have setup the IceHUD bars are gone when i'm fine and not in combat, and nobody selected, yes, i have problem with swimming around.... without bars! That means the Mirrorbar / Breath bar is also gone.

I have examined the visibility settings and set it correct. Now it's finally working good.

The problem is solved. Thanks for the advices here. And i have learned also now Breath is the part of Mirror Bar.
06-10-09, 01:13 PM   #7
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

I am glad you learned something about the UI bits that make up your WoW interface. Keep this knowledge handy so you can help others with similar issues in the future.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Missing Breath bar!