07-12-07, 10:54 AM   #1
Latura
A Kobold Labourer
Constant DC's?

So I've decided to try Mazzle. Everytime I load it it takes a little bit to load it up it I get disconnected from the server. So does anyone know is the amount of Mods that Mazzle comes with causing this problem or is it something else. If its all the mods can someone tell me what mods that it comes with that I can disable and still have the basic Mazzle features. I'm a Shadow Prist mainly and think that the layout of Mazzle will help me so much specially when I do group with the characters down there at the bottom and would just love to try this mod but at this time I can't cause of this constant disconnecting before I even get in game. Any help would be greately appreciated.
07-12-07, 11:08 AM   #2
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Disconnects are never fun to deal with, but fortunately we have some variables that we can control (and some that we can not control):
  • Blizzard's loading of the UI (this will hopefully be a lot better with the way scripting is to be handled in the 2.2 patch)
  • Area you are logging in to (try to go to a less populated area than a capital city)
  • Computer capabilities (HDD, Processor, RAM)

It can be a bit frustrating, but this happens with *EVERY* compilation or with any user that uses similar addons (not just Mazzle's).

Hopefully with the 2.2 patch, things will load a little bit easier.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
07-12-07, 06:19 PM   #3
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Well if your looking for mods to get rid on the start up to allow you to avoid the disconnects I would suggest the following ones be removed (all non-essential)

cartographer (this includes all parts of it)
itemsync
drdamage
lightheaded (also all parts as well)

those are some of the higher onload mods in MazzleUI. There are some others that can be removed, but they are Load on Demand and should not be causing to much information at start up.

Also a good clean install of your interface may fix the problem. This can be done by deleting the account folder in your WTF folder (this saves your graphic settings). I recommend backing up that folder before you do so though. I know you might be loosing old information or macros you have, but those can be saved or backed up in your account folder 9ther are in the specific characters macro cache file, but this is another thing entirely to fix and we can cross that bridge if we have to later).

But for now those are your best options off the top of my head.
07-12-07, 06:31 PM   #4
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by airdragon
Well if your looking for mods to get rid on the start up to allow you to avoid the disconnects I would suggest the following ones be removed (all non-essential)

cartographer (this includes all parts of it)
itemsync
drdamage
lightheaded (also all parts as well)

those are some of the higher onload mods in MazzleUI. There are some others that can be removed, but they are Load on Demand and should not be causing to much information at start up.

Also a good clean install of your interface may fix the problem. This can be done by deleting the account folder in your WTF folder (this saves your graphic settings). I recommend backing up that folder before you do so though. I know you might be loosing old information or macros you have, but those can be saved or backed up in your account folder 9ther are in the specific characters macro cache file, but this is another thing entirely to fix and we can cross that bridge if we have to later).

But for now those are your best options off the top of my head.
LightHeaded doesn't use much memory until you click on a quest, and even then 1mb for an entire data base of quests for 20 levels isn't a lot.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
07-13-07, 06:32 AM   #5
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sorry, but I don't think any of the things suggested in this thread are necessarily true. I have never seen any indication that things like onload processing, memory use or some of the other suggestions here lead to disconnects. Other than occasional client bugs, the only sources of add-on caused disconnects that I know of, are invalid item links and excessive add-on communication.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Constant DC's?