08-20-07, 10:25 AM   #1
Ahbie
A Defias Bandit
Disappearing UI?

Hoping someone can help out here because I have no clue:

My husband and I have the exact same addons. For some reason, his actionbars buttons disappear. I can't figure out why. You can actually see the actionbars, but the buttons are invisible? The only way he can fix it is to open his talent window and switch the pages back and forth and eventually all the buttons will reappear. It's not only the actionbar buttons either, it's the stuff in his bags. They disappear too. He'll have a stack of food and all you can see is the little number of how many he has. Otherwise it looks like an empty slot. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
08-20-07, 10:28 AM   #2
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Gemini_II begins casting Random Text Color on WoWInterface...
Gemini_II hits current thread with BLUE!

It's very difficult to help when we have no idea what mod you are using...

Screenshots are even better...

09-05-07, 09:52 AM   #3
Ahbie
A Defias Bandit
Okay, here's a picture.

We're using Bongos2 along with some random other standalone addons. I can give you a full list if you think it will help. All of those empty buttons actually have something in it. Like the bags.

For some reason, when he opens his talent window and switches between the tabs, sometimes that fixes it. Also, if he reloads the UI it fixes it. But only for a few minutes, then it disappears again. Have you ever seen this before? Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks so much.
09-05-07, 10:16 AM   #4
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Very strange. Can you follow these steps?

1. Do you get the problem also if you disable all of your addons? If you do, then proceed to point 2, else it's one of the addons. Try disabling them one by one to figure out if any of them are producing the problem. As a thumb rule it's best to have the latest versions of your addons also offcourse, make sure they keep up to date.

2. There is a folder in your wow dir called "WDB", can you try deleting the files in it? This is where the cache files are stored. If that doesn't help try point nr 3:

3. Run the repair tool. It will make a backup of your interface and WTF folder ( saved settings ) and attempt to repair anything else.

4. If all else fails, try reinstalling wow.
09-06-07, 12:45 PM   #5
Ahbie
A Defias Bandit
Well, I was pretty sure it wasn't the addons because, like I said in the first post, we have the exact same ones, so I skipped to step 2. I deleted the folder and logged in and killed a few mobs and it didn't disappear, so I think it worked. I'll really have to wait for him to try it out, but so far so good! Thanks so much.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Disappearing UI?