01-08-08, 02:23 PM   #1
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

Omen and Violation

Omen sometimes doesn't display some member's of the party, throughout the whole session I am with that particular member.

It also "stickies" players sometimes

Is that common? Because i don't like it

Would someone please be able to help with a script command to open Violation, so I can remove it's minimap button?

Thanks for anything.
01-08-08, 02:34 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Do they all have Omen or another mod which includes ThreatLib-1.0? And is everyone up to date with it?

As for the Vio minimap button, does /violation not work? Do you use any addon that uses the Rock framework? You could just type /rock. Or you could get Niagara and then just type /niagara.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-08-08, 02:49 PM   #3
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

Oh thank you, I'm very clueless, I thought the bars were to show for everyone regardless, even if they didn't have Omen /Threat-1.0.

I should rephrase, to open Violation damage meter not options menu, if that's what was answered to. I do have LibRock
01-08-08, 02:54 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yeah, Threat won't show for people that aren't transmitting their data. A person's threat is something that is guessed/estimated based on that data. It was the same with KTM.

Ah.. I see. So, /violation doesn't bring up a list of commands? I just keep Vio on Dash myself. You could check to see if there's a keybind...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-08-08, 04:14 PM   #5
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Seerah
Yeah, Threat won't show for people that aren't transmitting their data. A person's threat is something that is guessed/estimated based on that data. It was the same with KTM.

Ah.. I see. So, /violation doesn't bring up a list of commands? I just keep Vio on Dash myself. You could check to see if there's a keybind...
There is a command tucked away in it''s options via /violation! /violation windows show. Thanks
01-08-08, 07:43 PM   #6
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Threat and Damage Meters have been a widely misunderstood thing ever since their inception.

You can NEVER rely on meter data. It's only half-ass accurate if everyone in your group is running one, but even then. Due to limitations in the combat log, and combat log range, and API parsing (among other things) it's just not possible to get it 100%. Hunter and lock pets can further skew data.

They are an awesome tool but never take it as concrete data, just an estimate.

01-09-08, 12:31 AM   #7
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Gemini_II
Threat and Damage Meters have been a widely misunderstood thing ever since their inception.

You can NEVER rely on meter data. It's only half-ass accurate if everyone in your group is running one, but even then. Due to limitations in the combat log, and combat log range, and API parsing (among other things) it's just not possible to get it 100%. Hunter and lock pets can further skew data.

They are an awesome tool but never take it as concrete data, just an estimate.
Fixed in 2.4
01-09-08, 12:58 AM   #8
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Kaomie
Fixed in 2.4
What's fixed in 2.4?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Omen and Violation