04-16-08, 12:31 PM   #1
pottstv
A Murloc Raider
New Loot System for Raiding

I have been fond of the DKP loot system ever since it was first implemented as a standard for high end raiding guilds. However, I have recently found myself more and more encumbered with deciding how to distribute loot to my raid members without having to use a DKP system. I have came up with a new loot system that I will try to explain and if all goes well maybe someone could get back to me that is interested in writing this mod.

I want to take in account a few things when deciding who gets loot.

1. Raid Attendance - I want to have a feature to track raid attendance automatically for every raid that you do. I want this feature manually edited to allow changing of names, such as maybe a person came on an alt character because we needed him/her on that specific character.

*Raid Attendance will be a deciding factor for my loot distribution

2. Set Bonus Check - I want to have an ability to track which raid members have set pieces. For example if I have a hunter with 1 out of 5 tier 6...I would want to give that hunter the piece for the set bonus over someone with 0 pieces or 2 pieces. I also want this portion to be manually editable so that corrections can be made if necessary.

3. Want/Need/Offspec - I want a feature to allow a raid member to post when he rolls on a piece of loot to include the desire that person has for an item. Say a tier 4 piece drops in a raid and the majority of the raid has the piece already except one person that really needs it. That person might have passed because he thinks someone that rolled needed it more than him when the other person rolled for the piece for an offspec or just because he wanted it. The want feature is to decide on a scale from 1 - 10 how bad that person actually wants the selected piece or item that is being distributed.

4. Class Specifics - Any item that is class specific should only show up for the characters that can actually use the item.

5. Modification - Any configuration should be only allowed by the Guild Leader and selected officers that he chooses to modify any aspect they need.

The appearance of this mod would work similar to a loot window, except everyone in the raid with the installed mod would receive a new window allowing them to "bid" on an item based on the criteria that I stated. They would select their want level and their current spec or off spec desire. Then they would hit a roll button. Loot will be determined by the following priority.

1. Raid Attendance
2. Need for current spec.
3. Need for off spec.
4. Want level.
5. Roll (1-100) *highest roll takes priority*
6. Set Bonus tag

The window would then list all the raid members that submitted requests for an item...viewable by all members. It would also automatically sort members by priority. The list would look something like this.

ITEM: Tier 6 Token (Rogue, Paladin, Druid)

Character|Want|Spec Need|Set Bonus|Attendance|Roll

Raider1-----10----Current---4 piece------88%------2
Raider2-----10----Current---NONE--------80%----- 87
Raider3-----8-----Current---NONE--------80%----- 87
Raider4-----10----Off--------------------100%-----100
Raider5-----9-----Off--------------------100%-----90
Raider6-----1-----Off--------------------50%------94

The options would be selected as Want, Spec, *Set Bonus, Attendance, Roll.

*Set Bonus option is only available for Current Spec as we do not care if an off spec has a set bonus or not.

Another nice feature would be a right click feature enabling the master looter to right click the person he wishes to give the current item to allowing him to send that item to that player. The item being bid on will probably be accompanied by several other items to distribute so a feature allowing the easiest item selection for bidding would be nice as well. There should also be a time limit factor that can be adjusted by the admin to automatically shut off bidding on a specific item after an alloted time.

If you are interested in working with me to create a new loot system for guilds that do not like to use dkp but still would like some way to distribute loot to people based on their contribution and personal care please contact me via email at [email protected]. Ventrilo communication is available as well.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » New Loot System for Raiding