11-03-08, 03:42 PM   #1
Kleo
A Theradrim Guardian
Threat detected

My AVG is giving me a "Threat detected!" on this website, every time I click on any type of link, whether it be to the forums or to add-ons. I've tested with Firefox and IE, and same result. Nothing with other websites. It tells me:

File name: ads.addynamix.com/creative/2-2125486-3j?38681417
Threat name: Exploit Script Obfuscation

I go to this site on almost a daily basis, and have never seen this before today. Could something be wrong with an advertisement that you've recently put up? Or is this all me?

*The numbers in italics change each time, the rest seems to be the same.
11-03-08, 04:23 PM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
I'll pass this on to our ad people right away, just as a FYI we are no longer using ads.addynamix.com any more (as of 10min ago). We have switched to a better ad management system.

Please let me know if you receive this threat from now on.
11-03-08, 11:26 PM   #3
WolfieCA
A Defias Bandit
As of 9:30pm November 3rd I am still getting this same threat from ads.addynamix.com
11-04-08, 12:01 AM   #4
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
What page are you viewing when you get this? Could it be your browser some how cached our old ad pages? We are using googles ad management system and ads.addynamix.com has been taken off line on all our interface sites.

What ads are being shown when you receive this warning?

Last edited by Dolby : 11-04-08 at 12:08 AM.
11-04-08, 02:24 AM   #5
Kleo
A Theradrim Guardian
The "Threat detected" has mostly gone away. I cleared my cache, but I randomly still have it come up. It for example came up when I went to the forums page and then into this thread. The advertisement showing now is for adconion media group.
11-04-08, 07:45 AM   #6
WolfieCA
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
What page are you viewing when you get this? Could it be your browser some how cached our old ad pages? We are using googles ad management system and ads.addynamix.com has been taken off line on all our interface sites.

What ads are being shown when you receive this warning?
As of this morning AVG has updated their software and the issue is gone. It was and issue of their program detecting a false positive.

Regards.
11-05-08, 05:22 PM   #7
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Thanks for letting us know WolfieCA. Passed it on to our ad people too.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Threat detected