11-04-08, 02:13 PM   #1
jojosprigga
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy plz help!!

ive tried to add on quest helper 50 bagillion times and it wont work. the add ons that were there before the big patch that are no longer compatible have been removed from the addons folder but the still show up in the game add on list grayed out and listed as out of date . i cant get rid of them ... dont know why ... getting frustrated ! ive taken everything out of the add on folders and just tried puttin JUST quest helper... and nothing ... if someone can help plz email me at [email protected] its much appreciated!!

love,
jojobeans!!

11-04-08, 03:12 PM   #2
FrankN
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Do you have Windows Vista and WoW in its standard folder (C:\Program Files\...)?
If so, have a look in the Public folder (Public\Public Documents\Blizzard Entertainment) and delete the addon folder in there.

And as a sidenote: One thread is enough
11-04-08, 03:15 PM   #3
jojosprigga
A Defias Bandit
ty

ill try that and thank you ... and side note... the only reason it was posted twice was becuz i didnt mean to post it in the chit chat group ... sorry! but thanks so much for replying

love,
jojobeans!!

11-04-08, 03:15 PM   #4
kanonenfutter
A Murloc Raider
it would help to know which version you try to install.

i'm using QH right now and it works fine.

if you're using the latest version available on this page here, you should check if it is in the right folder so it shows up in the addon list at the charcter screen and that it is active.

when both is true, you should just type "/qh" (without quotations) ingame. a long list of commands to configure QH should pop up. if not, the addon is not active.

anyways you better off with installing an addon for collecting bugs first. bugsack + buggrabber works great. so you can tell if QH is buggy or not running.

when that doesn't help to at least point out what is causing the problem, i'm out of ideas.
11-10-08, 07:48 PM   #5
Babie
A Kobold Labourer
Question quest helper issue also

I too downloaded, installed quest helper twice. Double checked my file paths (i'm computer challenged here so bear with me), made sure it was the latest and greatest download *from this site*. On the log in screen, i made sure it was "enabled", at first it said out of date, so i clicke the button on the top to activate the out of date add on. I have logged off, and quit the game 4 times, checking each time during log in screen that the add on thingy was checked. It just simply will not work. And yes, i have windows vista, and no my main file is NOT in c/program files/ blahblah, i know where it is.

I am new to this add on thingy, i did install one yesterday for adding coords to my maps, that works fine. I dunno what is wrong with this add on for quest helper, just dont seem to want to work. I tried to type in game
/qh help
and this did nothing, just got the game chat response "if you need help type /help for chat options blah blah".

Can anyone tell me what this computer tard is doing wrong? I have deleted and started over with this add on questhelper and nothing seems to work.

Thanks in advance for any help

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » plz help!!