05-01-09, 05:41 PM   #1
brigand
A Murloc Raider
Exclamation Add-on that tells the current dailies (could this work?)

It would be nice to know what the daily dungeons/cooking/fishing dailies are without having to visit the questgivers.

For example, I like doing the Crocolisks in the City quest, but hate going to Shattrath to check to see if it's the daily.

I was thinking an add-on like this could work if it relayed information to other users of the add-on.

One person logs on and picks up the daily quests and that information is automatically shared with other users who have the addon.

The only way I can see this working is if the addon can check to see if the quest is currently sharable because you can only share dailies if it is the current daily.

Is this even feasible?
05-01-09, 05:48 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

There's several of those out now although their names escape me at the moment.

*EDIT: Just reread your post and to clarify.......The addons I've seen will allow you to see what quest is available that day but do not automatically share the quest itself. I believe that feature was rolled into a few of the Daily Quest auto completion addons. Searching for them now too

Last edited by Vis : 05-01-09 at 05:51 PM.
05-01-09, 06:03 PM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Here's one of the ones I was thinking of.

Dailies Quest Tracker: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...cker.html#info

*It does interfere with Carbonite. If you run Carbonite also you would need to turn off the option in Dailies Quest Tracker to plot points on the map I think it was. It's one of the first 3-4 options in the dropdown menu when you mouseover it's bar plugin through Fubar etc.

Daily Quest Viewer: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...st-viewer.aspx

Last edited by Vis : 05-01-09 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Added another link
05-01-09, 06:17 PM   #4
brigand
A Murloc Raider
Thanks! I saw the Daily Quest Tracker one before but I didn't see any feature like what I described, but Daily Quest Viewer is exactly what I was looking for.
05-01-09, 06:24 PM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Welcome Just remember with these types of addons, they require another user to have that same addon and have already seen what dailies are available for it to auto fill on your end. If, worst case scenario, no one else has that addon on your server, then you would still have to manually go to each possible quest giver to find out what they are.

There was also a website I had seen awhile back that did the same thing. It was dependent on users going to the website and choosing what dailies were available on their servers for that day so others could view them. I don't remember the address though

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Add-on that tells the current dailies (could this work?)