05-16-09, 07:59 AM   #1
Trogalith
A Murloc Raider
Talking targeting addon for dummies

im looking for a targeting addon. something instead of the red circle at a mobs feet. kinda like how the hunter has hunters mark an arrow like that over the head of the mob im currently targeting would be vary helpful instead of at their feet. if you know an addon like this please let me know
05-16-09, 10:11 AM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Unfortunately youll have to make due with the circle. What you want constitutes modifying the 3d world and is not permitted by blizzard.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
05-16-09, 10:44 PM   #3
Trogalith
A Murloc Raider
ive seen one out there but the red ring was still there i think the addon was designed to show an arrow over the head of the target that has like say the red circle im hunter ingame so its really tough when you have multiple adds. my main problem is when im in places like the desert or places with bright ground you cant really see what your targeting especially when you have adds. that and it has a habit of going UNDER the terrain which is kinda weird maybe thats a glitch or something i do not know, anyway thanks for the reply ^^
05-17-09, 01:18 AM   #4
Sekrin
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Have you tried turning on the nameplates? When active, your current target has a bright nameplate and the other enemies have dull ones.
05-18-09, 06:06 PM   #5
Trogalith
A Murloc Raider
i just now thought of that before checking the boards lol but no i havnt though my eyes arnt the greatest id probably not even see the difference in the name colors xD anyway thanks for the tips. i was thinking of making one thats tied to blizzards standard target circle so it follows where ever that one goes. would be interesting if it could be done.
05-18-09, 06:30 PM   #6
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
alas, bar-style nameplates are only visible within 15 yards (in game-world terms, a hardcoded limitation of the WoW Client), and i don't believe text-style nameplates are accessible to addons as UI objects (again a hard-coded limitation of the WoW client, though i have not played with this recently). so, your nameplate-oriented options are somewhat limited.
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"
05-19-09, 05:14 AM   #7
Trogalith
A Murloc Raider
ya it doesnt help when your a hunter either lol your all about the ranged lol thats the second highest dmg i do. my pet is the first lol im rolling a BM hunter, but yeah i think blizz needs to fix the target system. or at least let us put something out there so its easier to tell what your targeting. drives me nuts because at my range you can barely see the circle and when im foight multiple mobs with the same name it makes things vary rough

Last edited by Trogalith : 05-19-09 at 05:18 AM. Reason: forgot to add more.
05-20-09, 08:45 PM   #8
Trogalith
A Murloc Raider
i think this is out of topic here but im curious, how does one MAKE an addon... lol i have an idea (not the one i posted here) and would like to make it happen, im a soon to be gam programing student so im hoping maybe making a few addons would be something i can show off ya know lol that and i think it can help other ppl

Last edited by Trogalith : 05-20-09 at 08:46 PM. Reason: forgot to add more
05-20-09, 11:15 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
http://www.wowwiki.com/Portal:Interface_customization
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » targeting addon for dummies