12-28-09, 12:17 PM   #1
jcpopowski
A Murloc Raider
Minimap Buttons Not Showing

This may not be a Carbonite issue, but...

With carbonite enabled, other minimap buttons are no longer showing. Just upgraded. 3.31, still same issue. Carbonite "C" button shows, but none of the others.

When I disable Carbonite, all buttons are shown around standard minimap.

No errors noted.

Did not notice this specific issue posted in other threads.

12-28-09, 02:41 PM   #2
jcpopowski
A Murloc Raider
Minimap Buttons not Showing

Confirmed this occurs when Carbonite is only addon enabled.

12-28-09, 05:10 PM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Do you have the Carb minimap button bag turned on?

12-29-09, 06:28 AM   #4
dwil
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Carbonite got a button bag? How do I turn it on/off?

12-29-09, 10:46 AM   #5
jcpopowski
A Murloc Raider
Yes, how do I find enable/disable button bag, or configure? What is relationship to NUI? FYI, in reading NUI documentation, it made comments about issues with using UI scale and changing between windowed and non windowed mode. I've been doing both and tinkering with screen resolutions. This seems to have started when tinkering with these.

12-29-09, 01:51 PM   #6
jcpopowski
A Murloc Raider
Problem Solved

It took a some looking, but I finally found a reference to 'shift, left clicking' the carbonite button to show/hide the other buttons. This was in another forum post. Did not find in the Carbonite documenation though. I must have done this at some point to hide it, inadvertently, and didn't know how to re-enable.

12-29-09, 06:35 PM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Open your Carbonite options window, and go to the "Map Minimap" page. About two thirds of the way down the page are listings for "Minimap buttons". I don't use the merged minimap option, so I don't see any check boxes here but I'm assuming that there are some if you do merge the maps. The first option under this heading is "Hide button window". Maybe that's the setting you are looking for.

12-30-09, 08:03 AM   #8
jcpopowski
A Murloc Raider
Still Problems

OK, starting to feel like an idiot, but still having problems. I've looked at and made various changes to the minimap options, without success. The box around the Carbonite button is now gone, and shift left click now doesn't open the bag. My maps are merged. THe buttons show when I 'un-merge'. I haven't been able to find an option to enable or disable 'button bag' or something like that, only the carbonite button itself.

Any suggestions? It was working briefly last night, but now the box around the carbonite button is gone. I'm assuming this is what is meant by the 'button bag', as that is where I shift clicked to open when it was there.

12-31-09, 03:09 PM   #9
jcpopowski
A Murloc Raider
Button Bag Disappearing

Gradually sort of finding the answers to my own questions. The button bag (box around the Carbonite button) disappears frequently. Saw some other posts somewhere that this may be related to changing from windowed to non-windowed mode. I'm suspecting this might be true as I do that frequently. It was missing the other night again, I exited the system and came back on later and it was back.

I have several alts, and am on different characters frequently, so haven't had time to work through and validate, but I think this is what's happening.

01-01-10, 03:01 AM   #10
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That could very well be the explanation. I know when I change my game to windowed mode, it plays hob with my UI. You simply can not believe how out-of-place everything is. It's one of the reasons I'm glad I found Minimap Button Frame. It seems like it moves with the UI when I go to w-m. Everything gets "crunched", but MBF stays in the same relative placement.

01-15-10, 10:42 PM   #11
led2006zeppelin
A Kobold Labourer
My problem was i recently changed my screen resolution to 1280x1024 from 1024x760 i didn't realize it at first caused a lot of grief trying to figure out why my buttons disappeared but changing it back and reloading my ui did the trick.

02-03-10, 12:24 PM   #12
Thespa
A Kobold Labourer
Today I logged in and all of my minimap buttons had disappeared except the Carbonite "C" button on all of my characters. I made no other changes and everything was fine the night before.

Following advise on this forum:
On some of my characters a "shift +Left click" on the Carbonite "C" got the buttons back

On another character, this did not work so I went to the Options ->Map Minimap, unchecked "Move Minimap buttons into Carbonite button window", let it reset my UI, confirmed that the original buttons were in my minimap, then rechecked this option and got my buttons back.

On one character (same computer) none of these options worked so I finally just imported the settings from one of the working toons and that solved the problem.

Question: why do these buttons disappear periodically? Why do the same "reset" options not work the same on all characters on the same computer?

It would be nice to just have a "reset" option to get the buttons reset.

02-05-10, 12:05 PM   #13
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Sorry, I don't know. My buttons never do that. They stay where I leave them. Did you change your video resolution recently?

02-11-10, 03:48 PM   #14
taxgirl
A Defias Bandit
same issue

My minimap buttons are showing for each of my other toons except for 1. I have tried importing the settings from one toon to the toon with missing buttons and nothing. The box around the carbonite utton is missing all the time and nothing I do makes it work. HELP!
And is there a button bag for carbonite? if so where is it? could that be the problem?
also I have uninstalled and re-installed Carbonite several times.
please please help

02-11-10, 04:05 PM   #15
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by taxgirl View Post
The box around the carbonite utton is missing all the time and nothing I do makes it work. HELP!
And is there a button bag for carbonite? if so where is it?
The gray window (box) behind the button is the "bag". If you don't see it, then it might be off screen. An import should fix that problem.

Try typing:
/carb resetwin

02-11-10, 04:37 PM   #16
taxgirl
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
The gray window (box) behind the button is the "bag". If you don't see it, then it might be off screen. An import should fix that problem.

Try typing:
/carb resetwin
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU it worked!!

03-13-10, 06:21 PM   #17
Pr1De
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post

Try typing:
/carb resetwin
Thanks a ton. Was having this exact same problem where it worked fine on all my toons but one. Did your resetwin and works perfectly on this toon again. thanks again!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minimap Buttons Not Showing