01-06-06, 05:23 PM   #1
helsing
A Defias Bandit
DAB - Self cast

I used to use telo's self cast with DAB to make it so i could press alt-keybinding to self cast. I can no longer do this. Does DAB 3.0 have an option for self cast button?

Thanks in advance for the awesome mod and any help you provide
01-06-06, 05:32 PM   #2
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Go to DAB's Keybindings window. Scroll down to some blank keybindings. Set the left-most drop-down menu to Self-cast Bar or Self-cast Floater. Use the other drop-down menus to set which bar/button the keybinding refers to. Bind a key to it. Do that for each button on a bar.
01-06-06, 05:38 PM   #3
Spiro
A Kobold Labourer
This is now built into the normal UI.

It was on my loading screen tip and I confirmed it w/o any mods loaded.
01-06-06, 06:18 PM   #4
helsing
A Defias Bandit
Thanks Loz.
01-09-06, 06:50 PM   #5
Victrix
A Murloc Raider
I have a similar question, I'd like to get selfcasting to work but without using any keys. For example, if I click on Arcane Intellect, it will buff myself if I have myself, an enemy, or nothing targeted. If I have a friendly targeted it will buff them. I had the old DAB set up this way by having the default target set to player, but I cannot figure out how to do it in the new version.
01-10-06, 01:47 AM   #6
afi133
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Victrix
I have a similar question, I'd like to get selfcasting to work but without using any keys. For example, if I click on Arcane Intellect, it will buff myself if I have myself, an enemy, or nothing targeted. If I have a friendly targeted it will buff them. I had the old DAB set up this way by having the default target set to player, but I cannot figure out how to do it in the new version.
This is also what Telo's SelfCast does and I love that feature. I, too, am wondering if selfcasting can be done like this with DAB.
01-10-06, 03:00 AM   #7
bmule
A Murloc Raider
bump please
01-10-06, 07:39 AM   #8
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

WTH? Why are you bumping? The question's answered.
01-10-06, 12:21 PM   #9
afi133
A Murloc Raider
Yes, for the pressing ALT + key to self-cast, but what about the selfcast without a second key? As someone said up above:

I have a similar question, I'd like to get selfcasting to work but without using any keys. For example, if I click on Arcane Intellect, it will buff myself if I have myself, an enemy, or nothing targeted. If I have a friendly targeted it will buff them.
Just pressing, say 5, to cast that spell with self-cast if nothing is targetted. Is that possible with the new DAB? Can that be done by just setting the bar to be self-cast?

Last edited by afi133 : 01-10-06 at 12:30 PM.
01-10-06, 02:48 PM   #10
Crul
A Defias Bandit
I have done the following:

I have a button (Bar 4) with my H-RC bandages

In the keybinding (/dab) I have this:
Self-cast Bar - 4 - [9] Heavy Runecloth Bandages
And Key 1: F6

I just acts like a 'normal-cast' when I press F6.

Any idea what I did wrong ?
01-10-06, 03:11 PM   #11
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by afi133
Just pressing, say 5, to cast that spell with self-cast if nothing is targetted. Is that possible with the new DAB? Can that be done by just setting the bar to be self-cast?
Yes. Adv Config, Default Target - player. Check the Force checkbox if you want it to always self-cast regardless of your target.
01-10-06, 03:12 PM   #12
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Crul
I have done the following:

I have a button (Bar 4) with my H-RC bandages

In the keybinding (/dab) I have this:
Self-cast Bar - 4 - [9] Heavy Runecloth Bandages
And Key 1: F6

I just acts like a 'normal-cast' when I press F6.

Any idea what I did wrong ?
I wonder if UseActions's self-cast flag doesn't work with items. I'll have to check that.
01-10-06, 03:54 PM   #13
afi133
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Lozareth
Yes. Adv Config, Default Target - player. Check the Force checkbox if you want it to always self-cast regardless of your target.
Perfect. Thank you very much.
01-12-06, 09:12 AM   #14
jqpdev
A Murloc Raider
Go to DAB's Keybindings window. Scroll down to some blank keybindings. Set the left-most drop-down menu to Self-cast Bar or Self-cast Floater. Use the other drop-down menus to set which bar/button the keybinding refers to. Bind a key to it. Do that for each button on a bar.
Loz,

I tried the above but when i attempt to bind the alt key it doesnt respond to the alt key press. Also, in my case I don't want to bind a key to act like a self casting push button. I want the use the Alt key as toggle, where on Alt key down the bound key actions will act on my character. What you suggested is binding say key #1 to self cast
but if I do that I cannot bind key #1 to do a normal cast to any other target.

Also, I tried to set this via the button control conditions but it does not behave as the condition describes. DAB believes I'm attempting to use the default UI bindings even though I am not.
01-12-06, 10:21 AM   #15
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

Bind Alt + key #1 to the self-cast keybinding, not alt by itself (which can't be done) or key #1 by itself.
01-12-06, 04:39 PM   #16
jqpdev
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the quick reply... I will give it shot once I get home.
01-12-06, 07:12 PM   #17
facboy
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by afi133
Yes, for the pressing ALT + key to self-cast, but what about the selfcast without a second key? As someone said up above:

all you guys who want Telo's self-cast features...why not just use Telo's self-cast?
01-13-06, 11:21 AM   #18
jqpdev
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by facboy
all you guys who want Telo's self-cast features...why not just use Telo's self-cast?
Because Telo's doesn't work with DAB v3.
01-13-06, 11:23 AM   #19
jqpdev
A Murloc Raider
It works... thanks Loz

Bind Alt + key #1 to the self-cast keybinding, not alt by itself (which can't be done) or key #1 by itself.
It works. Thanks. My next question is did Blizzard break the toggle feature/capability that Telo's Self Cast uses? Because the latest version of Telo's will work properly with mouse click and the Alt key.
01-16-06, 12:19 AM   #20
Saxxon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Self Cast

Actually Telo's SC will work with DAB 3.0, its a hit or miss. It fails at first, after a couple sessions and a reboot, both will load. Part of it seems to be that Self Cast enabling depends on CT Bar Mod to be loaded - if I disable Bar Mod to get DAB working, I lose Self Cast.

I am sure there are a lot of clever things you can do to enable self casting in DAB, but it is more complex than simply selecting CTRL, SHIFT or ALT as a co-press key to get a mouse clicked self cast. I've been using CTRL - click to self cast for a year, ALT doesn't work as for me that is under my hand and awkward to hit while using WASD.

It would be a good feature to enable th is in DAB for Dummies. Buff Ahoy also used the same thing as Telo's - but is only available using SHIFT & ALT. ALT isn't workable to me, and SHIFT also removes your icon from teh bar... CTRL being outside and under your little finger has always been most convenient.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » DAB - Self cast