06-30-11, 08:49 AM   #1
jlrm365
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation EDIT: FOUND IT! - Pet & Aspect Scripts - STILL WANT HELP!

EDIT: FOUND IT!

(You can disregard what's below the dotted line. It's been kept so that - if you're interested - you can see what my problem was.)

I'm forgetful enough that I keep lots of reminders. Somewhere, I found an old macros-cache and it had the macro / script version of the addon I had made.

STILL WANT HELP!

Here are the two lines, that switch the positions of my Aspect and Pet bars:
  • PetActionButton1:ClearAllPoints() PetActionButton1:SetPoint("BOTTOMLEFT",fpet,"BOTTOMLEFT",230,102)
  • ShapeshiftButton1:ClearAllPoints() ShapeshiftButton1:SetPoint("BOTTOMLEFT",fshift,"BOTTOMLEFT",740, 102)

Could you tell me if what I have done / either of those two bars can be trimmed? Perhaps some of the terms don't need to be there or to be used at all.

THANKS!

---

A while back, I found some very cool / simple script commands and received help with how to implement them.

What I wanted was to move the aspect and pet bars back to where they were - trade the positions they are currently in - pre Cataclysm. I found out how, committed them to a personal addon and then 1) forgot what I did. 2) lost the addon I'd made

This moves the pet frame (the pet portrait and bars, under your portrait)...
  • PetFrame:ClearAllPoints() PetFrame:SetPoint("LEFT",PlayerFrame,"RIGHT",-155, 43)
... and so I am thinking that it must be something like that, but I can't think of how to apply that to the pet and aspect bars.
  1. What are the script names of the pet and aspect bars?
  2. What is the simplest 1 or 2 line script to move the [either one] bar (I won't move them vertically - just horizontally, to switch their positions)?

The reason I am interested in script lines (rather than using an addon to do this) is so that I can add them to a basic "UI Tweaks" addon I have made.
Be sure that I will back this info up, so as not to be able to lose it.

Last edited by jlrm365 : 06-30-11 at 02:34 PM. Reason: FOUND IT! STILL WANT HELP!
06-30-11, 08:33 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Those are just the first two buttons, though. The rest are anchored along in a chain, iirc, but the bar itself is named something more generic and bar-like.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-01-11, 02:18 AM   #3
jlrm365
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Those are just the first two buttons, though. The rest are anchored along in a chain, iirc, but the bar itself is named something more generic and bar-like.
I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Of course the first button is referenced, but it does move the whole bar.

If you'd like me to provide a before and after, I can do that.

As you might guess, I don't really understand how it works. I just know that it does.

I thought some of the folk around here might suggest ways / a way to trim it a little.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » script to switch bars - pet & aspect - FORGOT