07-03-11, 09:33 PM   #1
Iceworth
A Defias Bandit
Carbonite minimap acts like default minimap.

It used to be that when I combined the Carbonite map with the default one, I could zoom waaaay out on it and view all the continents and whatnot within the minimap.

But starting a few months ago I suddenly wasn't able to. Most of the minimap acts like the default WoW minimap with only a few zoom distances, and only a thin rectangle that would act like the map used to. It happened when I opened the fully sized map as well, which was extremely annoying, lol.

Now it doesn't even show quest objectives on the minimap anymore because the default map acts like it's in the way! I have to use my mouse on that tiny rectangle that acts like it's supposed to and drag it over to see the quest objectives.

I must have the wrong settings checked or something but I can't figure it out. How do I get it back to normal?

I'm sorry if the answer is really obvious, I just can't find it anywhere.

07-03-11, 10:16 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How does the map act if Carbonite is the only enabled addon? It is possible that another addon is conflicting with Carbonite, and that is the only way to tell.

If Carbonite continues to act the same, then try this:
Open the "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder and rename or delete the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files. BE AWARE that this will completely reset Carbonite and it will look and act as though it was just installed for ALL of your characters. This is because those files contain all of the set up information, both global and per character, for all of your characters. You may choose to rename the files so that in the (unlikely) event this doesn't fix the problem, you can delete the new files and rename the old ones back and not have to worry about setting everything up all over again on all of your characters.

One other thing. The maps: Carbonite has one map and it is either maximized (large, like Blizzards World Map) or minimized (minimap sized but NOT the minimap). Blizzard gives us three maps: The Minimap (found in the upper right corner of your screen), the World Map (the big map) and the Zone (sometimes referred to as the Battleground) Map. A technicality, to be sure, but it occasionally helps to use the correct terms when explaining something.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 07-03-11 at 10:25 PM. Reason: More boring bla-bla-bla.

07-12-11, 01:01 AM   #3
Iceworth
A Defias Bandit
Finally got the chance to test it out -- removing the files in the WTF folder did the trick! Thank you so much!

07-12-11, 09:26 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite minimap acts like default minimap.