10-03-16, 01:08 PM   #1
raynr
A Defias Bandit
Issue with chat window config for one character

Hello,

I have been using RealUI happily with no issues until today. I created a Legion trial character, and later used my level 100 boost on it. No matter what I do, fresh install, reset profile, the chat window will not be properly configured, but is the default Blizzard style. The chat windows are properly configured on my other characters except this Druid. I do want to point out that this character's name has a accented á in the name, all the other toons have no special characters in the name. I'm not sure if this causes any parsing errors in the backend code in regards to the chat config/initialization part. Picture is attached. Any insight is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	realui-chatwindowissue.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	8843  
10-03-16, 01:46 PM   #2
raynr
A Defias Bandit
So I figured out what was going on after going through multiple different characters and testing behaviors for the chat. I actually feel kinda dumb.

The chat window/tab configuration isn't controlled by RealUI. It is actually set up independently from RealUI, aka the window/chat config is saved in your default Blizzard files. RealUI just skins/fade's it.

I had leftover chat configuration from another UI compilation on certain characters, and was under the assumption that was how chat was supposed to be like on OTHER characters that didn't use that other UI compilation, or that RealUI was supposed to be setting it up for me in that way.

So this is a user (me) issue, not a RealUI issue. May help others in a similar situation in regards to the chat windows.

Last edited by raynr : 10-03-16 at 01:51 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » Issue with chat window config for one character