02-17-07, 01:37 AM   #1
encarnation
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Arrow Name of Friends/Enemies

I am not anal retentive, I just like to know who I am talking to. When I player goes by, I might know them, so I'll want to talk to them or jsut say Hi. But for some reason, mazzle will not keep that feature going. The names of friendly players, and enemies alike, come and go as Mazzle pleases. I need to put some sort of leash on Mazzle.

Anyone know how to fix this problem?
02-17-07, 07:49 AM   #2
coniferous
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

From the Faq..
OMG, name plates are being turned on and off randomly! Are there gremlins in my UI?

While you one never wants to discount the possibility of gremlins, what you are probably seeing is a feature of the UI called MazzleUI efficiency modes. It allows the UI to manage settings and add-ons, to improve efficiency in certain contexts. By default, name plates are set to be on only when PvP flagged. If you think about it, you'll probably realize that those random times are when your pvp flag was changing.

You can completely configure what gets turned on and off in any of the five efficiency modes by using the MazzleOptions system. To learn more, check out the Efficiency Mode FAQ entry in the MazzleOptions help system.

Users who are on PvP servers will probably want to turn that mode completely off.
Please do not create new threads to report bugs in the ui or to request assistance. Use the ones that are sticked.
02-19-07, 08:57 PM   #3
Filarun
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by encarnation
I am not anal retentive, I just like to know who I am talking to. When I player goes by, I might know them, so I'll want to talk to them or jsut say Hi. But for some reason, mazzle will not keep that feature going. The names of friendly players, and enemies alike, come and go as Mazzle pleases. I need to put some sort of leash on Mazzle.

Anyone know how to fix this problem?
Go into the Efficiency Settings in the Mazzle Menu (the M button on the main Mazzlebar), and one of the rows is nameplates. Just click it all the way across, and it'll be enabled no matter what mode you're in. That's the problem, it's probably set to something like only show when you're either solo or on a mount, or something like that.

Also, from the bug thread:

Nameplates are behaving weird. Efficiency modes no longer seem to be reliably changing them.

So, it actually looks like it's something you're not able to fix just yet. Can't hurt to try to fix it, but I wouldn't worry too much if you can't.

Last edited by Filarun : 02-19-07 at 09:00 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Name of Friends/Enemies