01-05-06, 05:11 AM   #1
vixus
A Defias Bandit
shapeshifting

I am having issues setting up shapeshifting bars, I was quite easy with v2.36.

In 3.0 I'm not sure how to get this to work. The only way I have been able to switch bars has been setting up Parameters under "bar control", but I cannot get the key bindings to work.

Am I going about this all wrong? Seems like I am missing something.
01-05-06, 09:23 AM   #2
delrio
A Kobold Labourer
Page Changing

For the new Discord, the Swap Bar has been eliminated, as noted in the new features... you're going to have to do a Page Change.

Through page changes, it seems that 1 bar can have 7 different uses, ex: in stealth, not in stealth, in PVP, in ghost form, etc...

I just set bars up for my rogue about an hour ago, and if i recall correctly, the Page Change option is in Bar Controls.
01-05-06, 09:33 AM   #3
Moofire
A Murloc Raider
Need some help with this too.

I'm new to the Discord Mods and needed a little help with the Stealth/Stance/Shapeshifting stuff as I am stuck. The Discord mods are very nice, but it are definitely RTFM stuff since they are so rich in features. Unfortunately the Discord site is down so I am unable to acces the information I'm sure is there. I also didn't see a read me file for the mod(doesn't mean its not there, just that I didn't see it), and now I'm bored at work looking for answers.
01-05-06, 12:14 PM   #4
eliksyr
A Defias Bandit
For Rogues/Druids/Warriors using DAB 3.0

Rename the DAB_custom-BasicDruid.lua to DAB_Custom.lua (for rogue/warrior rename the appropriate file). Then in DAB options load the custom file. Should make paging easier for you.

Only problem is that in the latest version (from earlier today), I can't see alot of the DAB menu options. You guys having that problem?

Last edited by eliksyr : 01-05-06 at 12:27 PM.
01-05-06, 12:23 PM   #5
Rags
A Cyclonian

eliksyr, that happened to me originally, I actually had to zero out my WTF folder (keeping only config.wtf, bindings-cache.wtf and macros-cache.txt) Never found what previous setting I had that was screwing with things, but doing that fixed everything for me.

Moofire, you need to set the conditions for the page changes. Do what eliksyr said and rename the appropriate file, poke around in the DAB options panel and see how they are affected. You can modify your layouts from there.

It's confusing at first, but the learning curve is not steep, only takes me about 10 minutes to set up bars for my Warrior, Rogue, Druid, Mage and Priest.

Don't forget to save each config in the Misc Options window. Makes things uber easy to start with.

"I had a stick of Carefree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality." - Mitch Hedberg
01-05-06, 12:31 PM   #6
eliksyr
A Defias Bandit
I had to dig into the forums posts at the discord site quite a bit (before it went down) to find out about those custom files. Maybe this info should be part of the release notes?
01-05-06, 03:39 PM   #7
vixus
A Defias Bandit
Ok, I got everything working and the UI looks great, I have one problem though. When I shift into Bear form sometimes I get an error.

(Interface\addOns\DiscordActionBars\DAB_ActionButton.lua:778: attempt to index a nil value)

This seems to happen more so when I use The 10 and 1 minute cooldown spells.

When I do get this error buttons 6-10 are no longer shown on the UI.

Any thoughts?
01-05-06, 03:53 PM   #8
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That error will be fixed next update.

For others, here's a step by step for setting up a shapeshift:

First, go to Button Layout and setup a bar to have multiple pages. Note that bar 1 has 7 pages by default.

Setup these conditions in the bar's Bar Control tab:

1. Condition: Shapeshift Form Active - Humanoid; Response: Change Page - 1
2. Condition: Shapeshift Form Active - Bear Form; Response: Change Page - 2

And so on specifying a different page for each form. Note that rogue stealth and warrior stances are also shapeshift forms. Druid Prowl however is not a shapeshift form. You have to use the Buff Active/Inactive conditions to detect when you gain/lose Prowl.
01-05-06, 04:31 PM   #9
Moofire
A Murloc Raider
Lozareth you da man. I only wish Blizzard as as responsive.
01-05-06, 04:50 PM   #10
vixus
A Defias Bandit
Thanks a bunch Lozareth.
01-05-06, 05:42 PM   #11
Ravenwing
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Lozareth

First, go to Button Layout and setup a bar to have multiple pages. Note that bar 1 has 7 pages by default.

And so on specifying a different page for each form. Note that rogue stealth and warrior stances are also shapeshift forms. Druid Prowl however is not a shapeshift form. You have to use the Buff Active/Inactive conditions to detect when you gain/lose Prowl.
Thanks alot for this, just one question.

With prowl using the Buff Active/Inactive condition, I have managed to change the pages but if I am in prowl and shapeshift back to humanoid my page does not turn back to my humanoid page but changes back to cat page.

Can you help?

EDIT: Solved the problem, had to add in an override.

Last edited by Ravenwing : 01-05-06 at 05:51 PM.
01-05-06, 10:30 PM   #12
beetlefeet
A Defias Bandit
Tip for NaturalShapeShifters

Heres a tip for any druids using the NaturalShapeShifter addon for their shifts.

DAB3 doesn't notice shifts via the naturalshapeshifter methods so insead of adding bar conditions that check shapeshift form, use conditions to check for the buffs "Cat Form" and "Bear Form" (or "Dire Bear Form"). and for the humanoid case just check that they don't have a buff "Cat Form" and add conditions 1 and 2 to its overrides. Seems to work fine, not sure if it's less efficient or anything?

Another tip: I used Button Controls to set it up so that when I'm NOT prowling my ravage button actually activates my shred button (remap action). So I can just hit that key for either without worrying if I'm stealthed or have just been uncovered etc. Also I don't need to waste another whole page of buttons for a fully fledged "Prowling Cat Form" page. (I might do the same with the Pounce aswell, not sure if I really need to).

Thanks for the fantasic addons!
01-06-06, 06:12 PM   #13
Repent
A Fallenroot Satyr
Warrior Stances

I am having an issue with my warrior stances. I Have my battle stance and defense stance setup to switch pages properly. However, if I go into Defensive Stance and click on a MOB, once I get close enough i go back to page 1 which is the Battle Stance page.
01-06-06, 06:57 PM   #14
BCKANE
A Murloc Raider
Loz, thnx a lot for making these bars. I am unfortunately having trouble with my rogue's setup. I followed your advice with the Page changes for stealth, but i am getting the Nilvalue error when i try to get out of stealth. I have been playing with it for about an hour now and can't seem to make it work. Could you give me an example like the above druid set up just so i know i'm not going out of my mind? Thanks a lot.
01-06-06, 08:08 PM   #15
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

Repent - Look for any conditions and scripts that would set the bar's page to 1.

BCKANE - What nil error? Can't help without the exact error message. I suppose I could randomly make changes to some of DAB's 10,000+ lines of code and 25 files in the hopes of maybe fixing it but I'm not gonna.
01-06-06, 08:53 PM   #16
Repent
A Fallenroot Satyr
Pages swapping

Loz,

I only have 2 conditions setup for this whole profile. They are on the Main bar.

Shapeshift Form Active: Battle Stance
Response: Change Page to 1
Overridden By:

Shapeshift Form Active: Defensive Stance
Response: Change Page to 2
Overridden By:

Repent
01-06-06, 09:02 PM   #17
BCKANE
A Murloc Raider
Loz,

Lol, sorry about that. The error is:

Interface\AddOns\DiscordActionBars\DAB_ActionButton.lua:778: attempt to index a nil value

I'm just not sure what i'm doing wrong.
01-06-06, 09:09 PM   #18
Repent
A Fallenroot Satyr
Script Error

Loz,

Also I have the following error. I am not sure when it happens because my ImprovedErrorFrame mod stores it.

Line 706 is the error
if (page < 1 or page > DAB_Settings[DAB_INDEX].Bar[bar].numBars) then return; end

The error in wow says "attempt to index field "?" (a nil value)

Repent
01-06-06, 09:17 PM   #19
passionfly
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Lozareth

OMG, thank u soooo much for that quick reply you are awesome!!!!
01-06-06, 10:20 PM   #20
passionfly
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Here is some screenies of how the druid shapeshifting is configured.

The Humonoid/Bear/Cat/Travel/Aquatic condition forms shown:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/538209678bZNMeU

Note the Prowl condition at the bottom:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...38209777BpZIWb

How the Button Config looks like:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...38209688xzpVZa

Click on "View Full Size" on the page below the picture to get a bigger display for the small font of the screenshots.

All of this works!!!

Yay! I'm a fully functioning Druid under 3.0 =)

Last edited by passionfly : 01-06-06 at 10:23 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » shapeshifting