07-11-09, 11:53 AM   #1
dokdok
A Defias Bandit
Minimap GoTo arrows bug

disclaimer: I have had some difficulty finding the words to express the bug i am experiencing. English is not my native language, but here i go ^^

The minimap GoTo arrows that guides me from one quest objective to another is showing in backwards order!

What happens is as follows:
I need to go from location a-->b-->c, while killing mobs or whatever, in order to finish the objectives of a given quest.
What happens is that the arrows suggest that i go from c-->b-->a instead :S

This occurs 100% of the time the GoTo arrows are in use.

I am using the Tourguide Addon in addition with Carbonite

Hope you can help me
thx in advance

07-13-09, 08:06 AM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I too am using TG with Carbonite. Haven't seen this problem, though. Do you have TomTom emulation turned on in Carb? (it's somewhere in the options, I forget where).

07-13-09, 04:31 PM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm guessing that you are following one of the Tourguide files for leveling? If that's the case, it may be telling you to do A - B - C, but Carbonite sees that A is 100 yds away, B is 75 yds away and C is 50 yds away. So Carb automagically routes you to the closest point first. In this case it would make you go C - B - A, covering the objectives from the closest one.

Hope that helped a bit

07-13-09, 05:41 PM   #4
dokdok
A Defias Bandit
@scmee:
I have the TomTom emulation turned on, but i tried switching to the Cartographer Emulation option instead. This has resulted in no arrows at all :P

@Vis:
I am using the Tourguide files for lvling (and thank god for that addon )
But actually, it does the opposite of what you are proposing! It points me to step that is furthest away from my starting location.
The arrows are actually also pointing towards me.
Meaning; it wants me to magically teleport (no flying mount yet) to "c", which is the point furthest away from me and then do the objectives backwards, ending up at the starting location ^^

as someone once said to me (while fleeing from a ****load of mobs): HLEP LOL

thx so far

07-13-09, 05:59 PM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

hmm, for whatever reason when I used the Tourguide addon myself awhile back, I couldn't seem to get it to work correctly, even with emulation on. In the end, I left Carb running for maps/log and all the other good stuff but also ran the actual TomTom addon alongside Carbonite. All I did was disable the Auto Track feature of Carb and good to go

That's the only thing I can think of doing offhand. Carb's emulation of TomTom may not be 100% exact, plus whatever changes TomTom has put out and Tourguide has probably changed to match if it was needed.

Last edited by Vis : 07-14-09 at 05:58 PM.

07-14-09, 05:48 PM   #6
dokdok
A Defias Bandit
Ill have a look at the TomTom then
thx for helping me

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minimap GoTo arrows bug