Here's a screenie of my UI in progress. I have the following installed so far:

Ace 1.4.1
Ace 2
AceGUI
CT_Core
Fubar
MetaMap
SCT

I'm not sure what parts of Ace I need and which parts I don't. All I had to go on was the mouse-over descriptions. I have CT_Core in there because I wanted CT_RaidAssist; but I can't figure out what I did to get CT_RaidAssist working previously. Now when I load it a green square shows up by the mini map. MetaMap's working perfectly and shows me the coord's I need and also allows me to set waypoints which are extremely helpful during quests. I haven't really noticed SCT working.

So my questions are:

1. Looking at my screen I notice there's something behind the top bar which messes with the text on the bar. Can anyone tell me what it might be and what I need to do to fix it?

2. What do I need to do to get CT_RaidAssist working again? (Cairenn advised me on this before in a different thread; but I can't recall what I did.)

3. Which parts of Ace do I actually need?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoW_UI.jpg
Views:	820
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	1397  
09-05-07, 09:32 PM   #2
0Blackmage0
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Im going to suggest Cartographer, its updated a bit more often and is an Ace2 addon, i used to use metamap but i like cartographer much better

09-06-07, 07:50 AM   #3
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

I would suggest switching from CT_RaidAssist to oRA2. Reason: CT_RA is getting rather long in the tooth and has not been updated in a while, while oRA2 is updated on a regular basis and is fully compatible with CT_RA. The only thing that oRA2 lacks is built in raid frames, however you can use the standard Blizzard Raid frames or grab sRaidFrames which replicate the look of the CT raid frames.
09-06-07, 08:19 AM   #4
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Ok... can oRA2 be used with(in) CT_Core? Or should I abandon CT altogether? Isn't CT sponsored by this site or something?
09-06-07, 08:21 AM   #5
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by 0Blackmage0
Im going to suggest Cartographer, its updated a bit more often and is an Ace2 addon, i used to use metamap but i like cartographer much better
Can cartographer set waypoints? I'd really rather not lose that functionality..
09-06-07, 08:22 AM   #6
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Erurainon
Ok... can oRA2 be used with(in) CT_Core? Or should I abandon CT altogether? Isn't CT sponsored by this site or something?
CT hasn't been updated in a while and although I have absoulutely no experiance of CT_Mods I have heard that they can be rather clunky.
09-06-07, 08:33 AM   #7
nek
A Defias Bandit
Lightbulb

Here's a screenie of my UI in progress. I have the following installed so far:

Ace 1.4.1
Ace 2
AceGUI
CT_Core
Fubar
MetaMap
SCT

I'm not sure what parts of Ace I need and which parts I don't. All I had to go on was the mouse-over descriptions. I have CT_Core in there because I wanted CT_RaidAssist; but I can't figure out what I did to get CT_RaidAssist working previously. Now when I load it a green square shows up by the mini map. MetaMap's working perfectly and shows me the coord's I need and also allows me to set waypoints which are extremely helpful during quests. I haven't really noticed SCT working.

So my questions are:

1. Looking at my screen I notice there's something behind the top bar which messes with the text on the bar. Can anyone tell me what it might be and what I need to do to fix it?

2. What do I need to do to get CT_RaidAssist working again? (Cairenn advised me on this before in a different thread; but I can't recall what I did.)

3. Which parts of Ace do I actually need?

I for one think u have to much on your fubar you have stuff that is overlapping each other that is why it is hard to read what is up there. A way to fix that is to right click on a blank space and create another bar for top and bottom and then drag some of what you have loading to the new bars.
09-06-07, 09:17 AM   #8
Pigl33t
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Can cartographer set waypoints? I'd really rather not lose that functionality..
Just download Cartographer_Waypoints and you can. All of it can be found on WoWAce.

From personal experience you would do well to abandon CT all together and get various other mods to do stuff you want that CT did before.
09-06-07, 09:31 AM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Okay, I have enough energy now, I think to respond to this. I was too tired when I saw it last night.

1. nek is correct - your fubar plugins are overlapping. If you do not wish to decrease your UI scale in video options, which would give you more room, then get rid of some plugins or configure what they show on FuBar. Most of them will let you pick and choose what info you want to see on the bar, and all will let you hide the text or icon. Or hide the plugin all together.

You do not need MicroMenuFu if you are not going to break up the bottom bar and hide the menu buttons. You can hide the FuXPFu plugin if all you are using it for is the xp bar and not to show any information. If you're keeping the bottom UI bar and the default xp bar, you don't need FuXPFu at all. (I understand you're not done yet.)

2. I still don't see your CT2 button on the minimap - I'm still not convinced you have it installed correctly. Yes, CT is featured on this site, but the CT team is down to one person now, and as good as it was in its hey-day, it has kinda dropped by the wayside now. Cide has been trying to keep up with it, and it does see occasional updates. It works with this patch, though I have heard of bugs/issues. I haven't used CT since around when 2.0 came out. It used to be one of the 5 or so mods I used pre-2.0 and was *great* for beginners at UI customization.

3. You don't need any of the Ace folders. The Ace 1.4.1 is only needed if you have an old mod that runs on the original Ace framework - which you don't, from your list. Ace2 is the current framework, but anything that uses it (FuBar, sct, etc) has it embedded already.

As for MetaMap v. Cartographer, it's all personal preference. I've never used MetaMap, but some people swear by it over Cart. Try both (only having one enabled at a time, otherwise they'll conflict with eachother) and see which you like best.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-06-07, 09:32 AM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Pigl33t
Just download Cartographer_Waypoints and you can. All of it can be found on WoWAce.
Waypoints are part of the basic cartographer download now.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-06-07, 09:52 AM   #11
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Pigl33t
I tried Cartographer - the Cartographer_Waypoints was included. I didn't like it as much as MetaMap. But I was able to clear a lot off of Fubar that I had previously and cleaned that up. oRA2 and whichever frames mod I decide on is on the backburner for now. My character's still too low to be concerned with raids just yet. I'd like to check out some hunter-specific mods. I've read of a few, but can anyone tell me which they like best for what reason(s)? I know it's all personal preference. I'd just like a little something to base my search off of.
09-06-07, 12:20 PM   #12
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

I'd like to check out some hunter-specific mods.
that's a rather inspecific statement. what kind of functionality are you looking for?

personally, the only mod that i'd say you really "need" for a hunter is something like Feed-O-Matic and even that is just a convenience (of course, that is, imo, a large part of the purpose of mods). i would posit that everything else is a personal preference...

for example, ZHunterMod was recently updated after being seemingly abandoned for months. it's a good mod and i've used it a few times in the past but my personal preference is better served without it.

have you tried simply browsing through the hunter section to see what types of things are out there?
09-06-07, 12:45 PM   #13
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Rigorous
have you tried simply browsing through the hunter section to see what types of things are out there?
Yes. Just wanted to get someone's opinion who's more experienced at the game than my 5 days worth. I've not been sitting idly by waiting for responses though. I found a bunch of hunter-specific addons here in addition to what's on this site. I've looked at several other sites' offerings as well. Here's a peek at what I've come up with so far. I'm not completely satisfied with it yet; but it's a far cry from where I was just a couple of days ago.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoW_UI_2.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	1399  
09-06-07, 01:05 PM   #14
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

looks to me like you are getting a good start.

and i think that is the best way to do it...just keep trying new things and moving things around to fit your play style and eventually it will all fall into place for you. the UI community is great and exceptionally dynamic and there's always something new and interesting coming along.

for example, here's my Hunter UI, but it's all about to change thanks to MiniChat....
09-06-07, 02:04 PM   #15
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I like how your UI is coming along But how can a hunter play with out a mana bar? Or did you just not get to it yet?

Can't wait to see more screenshots.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
09-06-07, 06:33 PM   #16
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
...how can a hunter play with out a mana bar?
My mana has yet to drop to 90% lol. A mana bar at this point would just be useless fluff. ;p

[edit to add]Have made a few more changes. I added squeenix to the mix for the square map, but whenever I load it the mini map completely disappears! Are there other mods you need to load with squeenix for it to work?[/edit]

Last edited by Erurainon : 09-07-07 at 02:15 AM.
09-09-07, 02:45 PM   #17
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Can't wait to see more screenshots.
Here ya go - using Mazzle w/MetaMap instead of Cartographer. Still need to work on text size - as you can see it's really, really tiny. lol
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Lvl20.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	1407  
09-09-07, 02:46 PM   #18
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Why metamap instead of cartographer?

And what happened to the custom UI? lol

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
09-09-07, 02:47 PM   #19
Pigl33t
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Sadly, it seems to be no more.
09-09-07, 02:51 PM   #20
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I prefer it to cartographer mainly because I know how to use it and I don't fully understand all the ins and outs of cart. Which leads me perfectly into my next answer..
Because as much fun as making a custom UI can be, I was doing more of that than actually playing the game.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » UI in Progress