05-13-08, 06:41 AM   #1
Stu
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Is this possible

I had this idea for something that would prove pretty useful in PvP and PvE. I haven't touched coding since I left Uni and was wondering if this sort of thing is possible before I start learning XML/lua.

I want to make a small bar that shows all raid icons, upon clicking on an icon it will target the player/mob that icon is currently assigned to. My idea of how it would work seems simple in theory but does blizzard block this sort of thing.

I just don't want to waste my time if they do

Thanks in advance.
05-13-08, 08:09 AM   #2
Korred
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Yes and no but not like you're thinking.

Likely the only way this could be done is if the person assigning the targets had the same mod which did a broadcast on assignment. Then using the unique ids for each mob create the target bars. Not positive if this would work but I will say this question has been asked more times then I can count and yes it would be a useful addon.

The problem I see is if symbols change (as sometimes they do when a MT is helping a raid follow his targets).
05-13-08, 08:31 AM   #3
Slakah
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It can be done, but only if you detect the raid symbols before entering combat, and there is no other mob in the area with the same name (or theres a chance it may target it).

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Is this possible