01-29-09, 11:15 AM   #1
jsinger7
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
SadUI - Minimalist UI Compilation

So I've released a third version of SadUI, second version for Wrath of the Lich King, and I've never made a forums post about it, but quite frankly I've gotten more private messages concerning it then I was expecting, so here's a form post. Feel free to leave criticism, comments, errors, etc. with me here, or just go on leaving private messages, that works too

SadUI

-----------

RANDOM IMPORTANT THING

EVERYONE will need to go into the WTF folder and change their character name folder, server name folder, and account name folder. I have conveniently labelled these as YourAccountNameHere, YourServerNameHere, and YourCharacterNameHere.

Inside the sadui.zip is a widescreen folder and a default folder. Use the proper folder for your monitor size. ALSO MAKE SURE YOUR UI SCALE IS ENABLED AND SET TO THE MINIMUM - Drag the slider all the way to the left. It will not appear remotely correctly if this is not enabled.

Also, be warned that I use Grid to highlight debuffs/buffs that I need per character. I do not have any sort of debuffs viewable on the target frame, though you can enable that through the Pitbull -> Auras option. For my grid, debuffs appear as colored dots on the top right corner (for example, a purple dot in the top right is a curse that needs to be removed). Use this setup or enable your own debuffs on the target frame, either works perfectly fine.

Archived 3.1 version is slightly wider, but works the same. If 3.08 does not work, try 3.1.

--------------------

POSSIBLE INSTALLATION ISSUES - Sorry for all of these, I suck at WTF folders.

For me, for whatever reason, just pasting in the WTF and Interface for a new character did not load everything perfectly. Here's what I had to do for a new character (This will appear like a lot of text but it's mainly just selecting 3 addons -> Profile -> Select my profile). It took me 30 seconds to fix everything.

1. Enable out of date addon loading.

2. Load the pitbull profile of your choice.
a. Type /pitbull
b. Go to Profile
c. Choose the profile that you want - I have 4 setups "1920x1200" is the vertical bars, and "horizontal" is the horizontal bars. Pick whichever profile you prefer.

3. Type "/grid profile choose default".
For me, this both changed grid to match my grid, and moved it to its proper location. If it changes the look, but not the location, do this to move it: Right click Grid at the top of the screen, on the auto-hide Fubar menu. Go to Layout, and uncheck Frame Lock. Drag grid to match the eepanels layout, and recheck Frame Lock.

4. Chat
My chat appeared in the correct frame miraculously, but if you need to move it, simply unlock the frame and move/resize.

5. Minimap
If the minimap appears out of place (mine didn't), type "/squeenix lock" to both unlock and then lock. Drag accordingly.

6. Bartender Action Bars
Type /bt4, go to profiles, and select Kedrinar or Sadwallaby - either should fix any problems.

7. Keybinds
Note also that your action bar keybinds will be different from mine as they are now saved SERVER SIDE. To rebind your action keys however you like, simply Go back to the /bt4 options, hit the BIND KEYS button, and follow the instructions, it's very easy.

8. More Keybinds
Also of note is that I've changed several keybindings for things like my character window (K not C), Stand/sit (Nothing), and Q/E (don't strafe). I don't think this will affect you as I think all of those keys are also server side now, but if they are you might need to rebind a few of those keys.

Last edited by jsinger7 : 01-29-09 at 11:19 AM.
02-03-09, 09:30 AM   #2
Cafisho
A Murloc Raider
I like it, thanks!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » SadUI - Minimalist UI Compilation