04-06-09, 12:39 PM   #1
dirk101
A Murloc Raider
Elephant Chat Addon lines limit?

What happens when the logs reach 1000 lines? Does the mod start deleting old lines to keep a 1000 total? And if it does, is there any way to keep this from happening?

For those of you curious that don't have the mod, you can find it at
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-Elephant.html
04-12-09, 06:58 AM   #2
dirk101
A Murloc Raider
The mod actually does start deleting lines. Since keeping logs is what I got it for in the first place, if anyone knows of a way to modify the mod so as not to delete lines but just add to them indefinitely, I'd be really grateful.

Why is there a limit implemented anyway? What use could it possibly be for?
04-12-09, 11:40 AM   #3
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Dirk, I don't know for sure but my best guess would be the limit is there to keep from using too much memory. I'm betting that once you get over that 1000 line limit it would really start to bog down. Keep in mind that this is all guess-work lol.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
04-12-09, 02:53 PM   #4
dirk101
A Murloc Raider
For simple lines logging and accessing to have such an effect, it would have to be based on your system configuration. If it were so, shouldn't there have been implemented a choice of whether you want to keep the limit or not?
04-13-09, 02:47 PM   #5
dirk101
A Murloc Raider
Since no one seems to know how to solve this, could anyone suggest another addon that logs chat lines, preferably indefinitely?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Elephant Chat Addon lines limit?