05-12-10, 01:22 AM   #1
iindigo
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
SecureActionButtonTemplate - only way to cast with a button?

Hey guys,

Just wondering if there's any way to hook spells up to buttons other than SecureActionButtonTemplate? For example, if I wanted to select a spell from a list and then have the button cast that spell when the user clicks it.

I could have the list change the button's variable upon selection change, but I'd really rather not do that...
05-12-10, 04:13 PM   #2
Foxlit
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by iindigo View Post
Just wondering if there's any way to hook spells up to buttons other than SecureActionButtonTemplate?
No, there is not. If an addon-created button casts a spell, SecureActionButtonTemplate is always involved one way or another.

For example, if I wanted to select a spell from a list and then have the button cast that spell when the user clicks it.

I could have the list change the button's variable upon selection change, but I'd really rather not do that...
That is, however, possible to achieve using SecureActionButtonTemplate, possibly combined with SecureHandlers.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » SecureActionButtonTemplate - only way to cast with a button?