09-26-07, 01:18 PM   #1
Alkar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
found out what causes Frame.XML problem

[2007/09/26 13:07:15-9-x30]: Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: Usage: GameTooltip:SetOwner(frame):
Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: in function <Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:73>:
<in C code>: in function `TinyTipAnchor_Original_GameTooltip_SetDefaultAnchor'
TinyTip\TinyTipAnchor.lua:143: in function <Interface\AddOns\TinyTip\TinyTipAnchor.lua:140>
(tail call): ?:
Interface\FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:382: in function `ActionButton_SetTooltip':
MazzleUI-1.1\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:145: in function <Interface\AddOns\MazzleUI\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:139>
<in C code>: in function `SecureStateAnchor_RunChild'
<string>:"*:OnEnter":3: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>

---

this problem is casued when you mouse over the context menu (the little box on the right with all your profession stuff in and and that crap. but im only getting 5 errors now
:Banzi Lib
:Cartographer (Not sure why the hell i get this problem Cart not working at all for me and says vendor/trainers blah blah so that seems to be the problem there.
:Then the one stated above.
: FuBAR tofu but that is becasue i havent updated it forgot to take out .svn

So if anyone can figure out why the Contextmenu is still screwed we could be close to a very workable solution

Thanks to everyone that has helped get mazzle up and running. Sux mazzle has left i just started using this a few days ago and my whole family that plays now it busted somewhat...

OHHHHH also Mazz if you happen to be runnign around here still i have a question for you or anyone that can answer it.

:Ran into a trgeting problem i was in Dead Mire doin some farming for primals and to my suprise i get some strang "ugggg"? noise when i target the wither bog lords and stuff and it says no Camera report mod to mazzle.. So if anyone know what to do to fix this annoyence please let me know cause i farm there alot being a mooncloth tailor :P
09-26-07, 01:26 PM   #2
LBussy
Legend in my own mind

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Alkar
this problem is casued when you mouse over the context menu (the little box on the right with all your profession stuff in and and that crap.
Ah! I was going crazy trying to reproduce that!
[quote[but im only getting 5 errors now
:Cartographer (Not sure why the hell i get this problem Cart not working at all for me and says vendor/trainers blah blah so that seems to be the problem there.
: FuBAR tofu but that is becasue i havent updated it forgot to take out .svn[/quote]
Cart is working fine for me so I suspect you might have missed one of the parts in teh update. Likewise Fu_* seems to be happy. I never got an error for Banzai but I did a complete ACE update before I ever logged on.

I'll try out the context thing again now and see if your finding shakes anything out of the old grey matter.
09-26-07, 01:37 PM   #3
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

[2007/09/26 13:07:15-9-x30]: Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: Usage: GameTooltip:SetOwner(frame):
Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: in function <Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:73>:
TinyTip\TinyTipAnchor.lua:143: in function <Interface\AddOns\TinyTip\TinyTipAnchor.lua:140>
Interface\FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:382: in function `ActionButton_SetTooltip':
MazzleUI-1.1\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:145: in function <Interface\AddOns\MazzleUI\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:139>
<in C code>: in function `SecureStateAnchor_RunChild'
<string>:"*:OnEnter":3: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>

---

this problem is casued when you mouse over the context menu (the little box on the right with all your profession stuff in and and that crap. but im only getting 5 errors now
: FuBAR tofu but that is becasue i havent updated it forgot to take out .svn

So if anyone can figure out why the Contextmenu is still screwed we could be close to a very workable solution

Thanks to everyone that has helped get mazzle up and running. Sux mazzle has left i just started using this a few days ago and my whole family that plays now it busted somewhat...

OHHHHH also Mazz if you happen to be runnign around here still i have a question for you or anyone that can answer it.

:Ran into a trgeting problem i was in Dead Mire doin some farming for primals and to my suprise i get some strang "ugggg"? noise when i target the wither bog lords and stuff and it says no Camera report mod to mazzle.. So if anyone know what to do to fix this annoyence please let me know cause i farm there alot being a mooncloth tailor :P
I was able to logon during lunch today and am able to confirm that the ContextMenu has been fixed per the instructions in some of the other threads. As for the camera issue, I will have to look further into that. I have not had any problems so far. Did you by chance make the changes to MazzleUI_core.lua to get rid of the HUD that way? I have a concern with that, but I've not been able to verify anything yet.
09-26-07, 01:38 PM   #4
LBussy
Legend in my own mind

Premium Member
this problem is casued when you mouse over the context menu (the little box on the right with all your profession stuff in and and that crap.
Found it!
In \Interface\AddOns\MazzleUI\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:
Search for:
ActionButton_SetTooltip();
replace with:
ActionButton_SetTooltip(this, "ANCHOR_BOTTOMRIGHT");

That does that one! Next!
09-26-07, 01:43 PM   #5
Alkar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

ok heres what i have found...

-- create main header. This is the 'workhorse'
-- state descriptions:
-- 0 - hide
-- 1-3 - show that bar.
-- 4-5 - show bar with paging. Paging only works on mouseover.
-- 3 states for no mouseover so that we change from page 2 to 1
-- we don't change the menu's position.
-- thus page2 = state 3, and page1 starts at 1, and from then on is 2.

local hdr = CreateFrame("Frame", "$parentHeader", anchor, "SecureStateHeaderTemplate")
-- set it so we can move it around
if not hdr:IsUserPlaced() then
hdr:SetMovable(true)
hdr:SetPoint("CENTER",UIParent,"CENTER")
hdr:SetUserPlaced(true)
end
-- also we want the layout positioning to be saved as well
-- hdr:SetUserPlaced(true)
hdr.isdebugging = debug
-- set state based on 'key' anchor keybind being pressed.
hdr:SetAttribute("statemap-anchor-keybinds", "0-1")
-- set state based on 'click' anchor being clicked.
hdr:SetAttribute("statemap-anchor-click", "0:2;*:0;")
-- set state based on button being moused over.
hdr:SetAttribute("statemap-anchor-enter", "1,2:4;3:5")
-- set state based on mouse leaving button.
hdr:SetAttribute("statemap-anchor-leave", "4:2;5:3")
-- accept paging from page buttons
hdr:SetAttribute("statemap-page", "$input")
-- set location on show to cursor
if movetomouse then
hdr:SetAttribute("headofsrelpoint", "cursor")
hdr:SetAttribute("headofsx", "1:0")
hdr:SetAttribute("headofsy", "1:0")
end
-- clear bindings in state 0-3, state 4-5 add paging buttons.
hdr:SetAttribute("statebindings","0-3:;4-5aging")
-- set initial state
hdr:SetAttribute("state", showstartup or "0")
-- debug code
hdr.StateChanged = function(self,state)
if self.isdebugging then ChatFrame1:AddMessage(state) end
end
-- add header to anchors
anchor:SetAttribute("anchorchild", hdr)

----------
-- page up button
----------
local pageu = CreateFrame("Button", "$parentPageUp", anchor, "SecureActionButtonTemplate")
-- reuse anchoring points
pageu:SetAllPoints(anchor)
pageu:SetAttribute("hidestates","0")
-- export the state to the header as 'page'. Required for header to process the change!
pageu:SetAttribute("exportstate","page")
-- change from page 5 to 4
pageu:SetAttribute("newstate","5:4")
-- set binding. This only operates if the button is visible.
pageu:SetAttribute("bindings-paging", "MOUSEWHEELUP")
-- add the button to the header
hdr:SetAttribute("addchild", pageu)

----------
-- page down button
----------
local paged = CreateFrame("Button", "$parentPageDown", anchor, "SecureActionButtonTemplate")
paged:SetAllPoints(anchor)
paged:SetAttribute("hidestates", "0")
paged:SetAttribute("exportstate", "page")
paged:SetAttribute("newstate", "4:5")
paged:SetAttribute("bindings-paging", "MOUSEWHEELDOWN")
hdr:SetAttribute("addchild", paged)

-- declare locals
local relpt,relptr,numbtn,first = hdr, hdr,0,nil

hooksecurefunc("SecureStateAnchor_RunChild", function(self,button, remapButton)
--ChatFrame1:AddMessage(this:GetName())
-- pass up if we are not with the context menu.
if not this.NeedsTooltip then return end;
-- otherwise handle enter/leave
if button == "OnEnter" then
elseif button == "OnLeave" then
this.updateTooltip = nil;
GameTooltip:Hide();
end
end)

Im thinking the problem is in there somewhere because if it has to do with paging and mouseovers could be kinda the same thing thats happening with Bongos having buttons spamed all the same after paging to new buttons ...hummmm.

As far as the hud and all that havent messed with anything but what was said to do about the contextmenu. but that fix was really only a work around it all works but bug sack still catches the errors from it which are made by mousing over the context menu. So something within the mouseover code via above or the paging code which has effected both bongos paging and contextmenu paging.

I'm no coder i have 0 knowledge of this stuff but im kinda seeing the problem from what i think it could be
09-26-07, 01:44 PM   #6
LBussy
Legend in my own mind

Premium Member
Originally Posted by meio
I was able to logon during lunch today and am able to confirm that the ContextMenu has been fixed per the instructions in some of the other threads. As for the camera issue, I will have to look further into that. I have not had any problems so far. Did you by chance make the changes to MazzleUI_core.lua to get rid of the HUD that way? I have a concern with that, but I've not been able to verify anything yet.
I thought I applied all the fixes you had posted previously meio ... maybe I missed one. Anyway the change above should fix this.
09-26-07, 01:57 PM   #7
Alkar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

ok reinstalled cart stuff still getting these 3

[2007/09/26 13:52:10-11-x1]: Cartographer_Trainers\import.lua:1: Cartographer Trainers not found!
Cartographer_Trainers\import.lua:1: in main chunk

[2007/09/26 13:52:12-11-x1]: Cartographer_Vendors\import.lua:1: Cartographer Vendors not found!
Cartographer_Vendors\import.lua:1: in main chunk

[2007/09/26 13:52:28-11-x1]: FuBar_ToFu-2.0.37036\ToFu.lua:220: attempt to call method 'RegisterIcon' (a nil value)
AceAddon-2.0-46764 (nQuestLog):927: in function <...\AddOns\nQuestLog\libs\AceAddon-2.0\AceAddon-2.0.lua:920>
<in C code>: ?
AceEvent-2.0-49307 (nQuestLog):266: in function `TriggerEvent'
AceEvent-2.0-49307 (nQuestLog):962: in function <...\AddOns\nQuestLog\libs\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:955>

updated tofu also hummmmwonder why this error and not sure why the heck its not finding cart vendors and stuff its there in addons folder hehe

BTW good job getting that contextmenu error LBussy good stuff
i updated banzai lib no more of that error either.
09-26-07, 02:03 PM   #8
LBussy
Legend in my own mind

Premium Member
hummmmwonder why this error and not sure why the heck its not finding cart vendors and stuff its there in addons folder hehe
Did you update manually or via WAU? If it was manually, did you put the add-on one folder deeper by mistake? I do that once in a while.
09-26-07, 02:07 PM   #9
Alkar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by LBussy
Did you update manually or via WAU? If it was manually, did you put the add-on one folder deeper by mistake? I do that once in a while.

Via WAU even reinstalled them from there to see if that fixed it kinda strange to me that they are there just not workin :P
09-26-07, 02:07 PM   #10
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I thought I applied all the fixes you had posted previously meio ... maybe I missed one. Anyway the change above should fix this.
I have not edited the fix instructions yet because until lunch today I had not had an opportunity to verify any changes since about 12am last night. And I do not like to sign my name to changes that I can not verify. I believe that a couple of other people have made "change compilation" posts, but if it is necessary I would not have a problem putting one together and getting Mazzle to sticky it, perhaps with a zip of the patched files as well.
09-26-07, 02:14 PM   #11
Alkar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I have not edited the fix instructions yet because until lunch today I had not had an opportunity to verify any changes since about 12am last night. And I do not like to sign my name to changes that I can not verify. I believe that a couple of other people have made "change compilation" posts, but if it is necessary I would not have a problem putting one together and getting Mazzle to sticky it, perhaps with a zip of the patched files as well.
Good idea .. I saw someone else that had a compilation fo fixes but couldnt get it to DL but the fixes we been working on here have worked well cept the few problems im still having with Cart and ToFu and that little naggin "uuugggg" noice from a no camera problem in mazzle from targetting withered bog lords in dead mire : not sur eabout that whole thing hehe
09-26-07, 02:20 PM   #12
LBussy
Legend in my own mind

Premium Member
And I do not like to sign my name to changes that I can not verify.
Yeah I really need to not "verify" so much when I'm at work. Good thing I'm in an office where I can close the doors.
09-27-07, 10:21 AM   #13
Odsalt
A Murloc Raider
Ok, i may not be reading close enough. I awent and changet that line to ANCHOR_BOTTOMRIGHT where you said to but am still getting the mouseover errors.

These are the only bugs im getting beside some camera errors on the Colossus Bog guys in SSC.

Let me know what I missed pls
09-27-07, 10:31 AM   #14
Detritis
A Black Drake
Good idea .. I saw someone else that had a compilation fo fixes but couldnt get it to DL but the fixes we been working on here have worked well cept the few problems im still having with Cart and ToFu and that little naggin "uuugggg" noice from a no camera problem in mazzle from targetting withered bog lords in dead mire : not sur eabout that whole thing hehe

I have looked into the Models and Camera functions in Mazzle and it isnt a major issue to fix any that are missing, Alkar could you let me know which ones you have found missing so I can track it myself, the only ones I have come across so far are 'Underbog Colossus' in Serpentshrine Cavern but I wont be going back there till tomorrow's raid to test
09-27-07, 11:01 AM   #15
Lonescout
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
hmmm

[2007/09/27 11:54:39-28-x7]: Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: Usage: GameTooltip:SetOwner(frame):
Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:66: in function `UnitFrame_OnEnter':
DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Element.lua:254: in function `DUF_Element_OnEnter'
<string>:"*:OnEnter":1: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>

Is still on my game system.. It happens only over the party members tho.. I tried to update TinyTip.. that caused more odd ball things to go wrong..
09-27-07, 11:02 AM   #16
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Odsalt
Ok, i may not be reading close enough. I awent and changet that line to ANCHOR_BOTTOMRIGHT where you said to but am still getting the mouseover errors.

These are the only bugs im getting beside some camera errors on the Colossus Bog guys in SSC.

Let me know what I missed pls
Same here. I've applied this as well as the other context menu changes and still the bugasck errors on mouseover. Anyone else? Any ideas?
09-27-07, 11:21 AM   #17
Detritis
A Black Drake
Found it!
In \Interface\AddOns\MazzleUI\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:
Search for:
replace with:
ActionButton_SetTooltip(this, "ANCHOR_BOTTOMRIGHT");

That does that one! Next!

Hmmm I changed that line to say 'ActionButton_SetTooltip(self') instead of what you used and I have had no problems since
09-27-07, 11:26 AM   #18
LBussy
Legend in my own mind

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Detritis
Hmmm I changed that line to say 'ActionButton_SetTooltip(self') instead of what you used and I have had no problems since
Me either with the other way to fix it.

I'll sure be glad when there's a roll up of fixes, 'cuz the traffic here really makes it impossible to discuss anything else except the same 5 issues.
09-27-07, 11:29 AM   #19
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

same thing

Originally Posted by Lonescout
[2007/09/27 11:54:39-28-x7]: Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: Usage: GameTooltip:SetOwner(frame):
Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:66: in function `UnitFrame_OnEnter':
DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Element.lua:254: in function `DUF_Element_OnEnter'
<string>:"*:OnEnter":1: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>

Is still on my game system.. It happens only over the party members tho.. I tried to update TinyTip.. that caused more odd ball things to go wrong..

Im getting this same problem. Ive put in all the fixs and this seems to be the only bug im having still.
09-27-07, 11:42 AM   #20
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Detritis
Did you mean to include a trailing apostrophe after the "self"?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » found out what causes Frame.XML problem