11-18-08, 08:34 PM   #1
Starchild
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AbraxhasUI Combat & Quest Text - Help

I am using AbraxhasUI. There is a series of text pop ups at appear during combat/looting. It tells things like "Furious Howl" "Furious Inspriation", it tells the number of objects left to loot "Wild Boar Meat 2/10" - It is poping up at the bottom of the screen right over the Target icon. What AddOn controls it? How can i move it to the upper part of the screen?

Thanks again,

-Star
11-18-08, 08:42 PM   #2
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Are they in a tooltip or are they something different?

Try this..

type /tiptac

Click on the 'show anchor' (might be worded differently, but anchor is the word we're looking for).

If the anchor pops up in the place you're describing, move it to where you want it.

If the tooltip mod isn't the problem, you'll have to wait for someone who uses this ui, but it sounds like tooltip anchor.
11-18-08, 09:05 PM   #3
Starchild
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
Are they in a tooltip or are they something different?

Try this..

type /tiptac

Click on the 'show anchor' (might be worded differently, but anchor is the word we're looking for).

If the anchor pops up in the place you're describing, move it to where you want it.

If the tooltip mod isn't the problem, you'll have to wait for someone who uses this ui, but it sounds like tooltip anchor.

I tries tictac and found the anchor button. It showed the tictac anchor, but that anchor was in the middle of the screen, the popups I am talking about are at the bottom of the screen....

I thought you had it again =)
11-18-08, 09:33 PM   #4
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Can you take a screenshot of it? We'll nail it down.
11-18-08, 09:44 PM   #5
Starchild
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Can you take a screenshot of it? We'll nail it down.
The green circled areas... I was talking specifically about the green area circled at the bottom, but I also would like to know what addon controls the area circled at the top as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Starchild.jpg
Views:	657
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	2060  
11-18-08, 09:56 PM   #6
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Okay!!

The top mod is called Xloot monitor. You can type /xloot to get to the right command to show anchor and move it or disable it. It's purpose is to show you who looted what.

The bottom one "looks" like a quest mod. I don't see a quest mod listed in Abrax ui list, so IF you didn't add one, I'd say maybe the SCT (scrolling combat text) has an option to show quest objectives (since you said earlier it showed Furious Howl and you have a wolf pet ).
try /sct and see if there's an option to move a "static message frame" or something of that nature... I'm guessing here, so bear with me.
11-18-08, 10:32 PM   #7
Starchild
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Okay!!

The top mod is called Xloot monitor. You can type /xloot to get to the right command to show anchor and move it or disable it. It's purpose is to show you who looted what.

The bottom one "looks" like a quest mod. I don't see a quest mod listed in Abrax ui list, so IF you didn't add one, I'd say maybe the SCT (scrolling combat text) has an option to show quest objectives (since you said earlier it showed Furious Howl and you have a wolf pet ).
try /sct and see if there's an option to move a "static message frame" or something of that nature... I'm guessing here, so bear with me.
OK, I figured out the Xloot thing no problem, right where you said it would be.

As for the SCT... I I have Sct AND Sctd... I look at the options for both, but it gives me no anchor options... It looks like I would be able to mess with X & Y coords, but it does not give me an option to "reveal" thw area in questions... so in other words, I have no idea if this is the correct AddOn to even play with =)

I am posting the list of AddOns that I am currently using... any of them look like I might try looking into.

So far i have tried TicTac (no success), and SCT/SCTD (not sure I am doing it correctly)

Take a look at the attached and tell me what you think
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Starchild AddOns.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	321.6 KB
ID:	2061  
11-18-08, 11:00 PM   #8
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Okay, a late question I should've asked before. Is the text for quests the same as your pet's skills? (Furious Howl = Scrambled Eggs?... Color, size, location). It could be 2 mods outputting text to the same location. I'm really inclined to believe it's in SCT though. Where your quest text is showing looks like /maybe/ the sct version of MiksBattleText's static 'location'. There should be a dropdown config panel for SCT... 'esc'... addons...SCT.. in the "frames" section you should be able to see where frames are anchored, if there's a frame in the area of where you are seeing the text you want moved, there's your answer.

Not able to log in and load SCT to help, sorry for the guessing game, your other addons don't hit me as mods that output text like you've shown in the ss.
11-18-08, 11:15 PM   #9
Starchild
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Okay, a late question I should've asked before. Is the text for quests the same as your pet's skills? (Furious Howl = Scrambled Eggs?... Color, size, location). It could be 2 mods outputting text to the same location. I'm really inclined to believe it's in SCT though. Where your quest text is showing looks like /maybe/ the sct version of MiksBattleText's static 'location'. There should be a dropdown config panel for SCT... 'esc'... addons...SCT.. in the "frames" section you should be able to see where frames are anchored, if there's a frame in the area of where you are seeing the text you want moved, there's your answer.

Not able to log in and load SCT to help, sorry for the guessing game, your other addons don't hit me as mods that output text like you've shown in the ss.
BINGO!!! It was SCT - I was just not understanding how to use it. I'm kind of a moron some times =)

Thanks again, you are the best

-Star
11-18-08, 11:42 PM   #10
Starchild
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
OK - now that we have figured that out, what about this (see green circled area). i don't see that in the SCT frame options. As you can see, i kinda want all text AWAY from the middle of my HUD.

I'm a pain about his stuff... somedays i feel like I spend more time on the stupid UI than the game =)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Starchild 3.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	247.2 KB
ID:	2062  
11-19-08, 12:04 AM   #11
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Easy, looks like TopScoreFu. You have this info in your achievements ui anyway if you don't want it flashed on screen.

Edit: Oh wait, I don't see TopScoreFu in your addons SS above... might be SCT as well.

Edit again... it's there under FuBar_TopScoreFu. If you don't like the Screen message, you can delete the Addon from you addons folder due to the info it keeps track of can be found in achievements ui.

Last edited by Yhor : 11-19-08 at 12:09 AM. Reason: I'm a newb

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » AbraxhasUI Combat & Quest Text - Help