08-14-09, 12:28 PM   #1
Dean Turpin
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy Disappointed

I heard that carbonite was an awesome addon to use for WoW. However the the past week I have been unable to find a solution as to why adobe cannot read carbonite downloaded file...It states that it is either nonsupported file or that it was sent as email and not decoded correctly. I can't even open it let alone install. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
08-14-09, 12:30 PM   #2
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You don't use Adobe to open the files. Unless you are talking about something more specific.

Just download the Carbonite addon and place it into your AddOns folder. Take a look at this thread for help on installing addons: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14762
08-14-09, 12:35 PM   #3
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Adobe? Adobe products have nothing to do with Carbonite or any WoW AddOn for that matter. WoW AddOns come as .zip or .rar compressed files. You need a program that will unpack either file. On Windows, Macs and Linux, .zip is mostly supported "out of the box", however .rar will require another program to unpack them. Also, the Windows utility for unpacking .zip files (Compress Folders) sometimes has problems unpacking .zip files using newer .zip algorithms.

For Windows (all flavors), I recommend 7-Zip which is a free open source program which will unpack just about every type of compressed file including .zip and .rar http://www.7-zip.org/

Macs have StuffIt which will likewise unpack just about all compressed files.

Once you get the AddOn unpacked, you need to drop the Carbonite folders (there will be several) into your AddOns folder.

Last edited by Zyonin : 08-14-09 at 12:45 PM.
08-14-09, 12:35 PM   #4
AsheruWolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
If your trying to open zip or rar files use Winrar or something similar.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Disappointed