07-30-07, 02:43 PM   #1
Kushiel
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Question Waypoints

Okay, i have read the FAQ, and scanned through the other posts. and i havent seen anything on way points. Is there any way to set the way points? i havent figured it out yet.

thank you

Whenever morality is based on theology, whenever right is made dependent on divine authority, the most immoral, unjust, infamous things can be justified and established.
-Ludwig Feuerbach, philosopher (1804-1872)
07-30-07, 02:55 PM   #2
Quagnome
An Aku'mai Servant
If you have cords, the format is /tloc 23,34

watch for extra spaces (no space after the coma)

Also, nQuest (i think that is what it's called) will have cords from wowhead.com. These cords can be clicked on to show an arrow that will piont at waypoint.

Last, right clicking on a discovered area on your map (i.e. flight plan, treasure chest, etc...) will show an option to "set as waypoint"

I hope this helps.
07-30-07, 03:09 PM   #3
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I usually type
Code:
/way x y
where x and y are the coords.

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

07-30-07, 06:42 PM   #4
Sullice
A Murloc Raider
I use the /way x,y command myself.

Also, if you want to set up a macro to remove the waypoints I found that /noway will remove them all.
07-31-07, 11:48 AM   #5
Kushiel
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank you all, the /way x y seems to work. I tried clicking on them in the quest log, but nothing happned. Thank you for your help.
07-31-07, 11:53 AM   #6
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
As a note, /way will create temporary notes, whereas /note will actually create a permananet entry on your map that you can edit and add information to.
07-31-07, 01:01 PM   #7
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Kushiel
Thank you all, the /way x y seems to work. I tried clicking on them in the quest log, but nothing happned. Thank you for your help.
You should be able to click on a lightheaded coordinate and have it automatically added as a waypoint. Does anyone else have problems doing that?
07-31-07, 01:02 PM   #8
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

You should be able to click on a lightheaded coordinate and have it automatically added as a waypoint. Does anyone else have problems doing that?
It won't add a waypoint without TomTom added, I don't think.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
07-31-07, 01:05 PM   #9
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Geboran
It won't add a waypoint without TomTom added, I don't think.
That's not true. It had support for Cartographer waypoints as well. When I made the last release, it was working fine. I haven't been in WoW for a while now, which is why I am asking.
07-31-07, 03:54 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I think something changed with Cartographer that it's not in the same format anymore... I believe LightHeaded has the coordinates as x, y (note the space) but Cart is only accepting x,y or x y now. It's been like this for a little while now. Though I seem to remember it working sometimes.... Not sure really.... I haven't been using the waypoints lately since I know where I'm going while leveling my alt.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-31-07, 04:28 PM   #11
Kushiel
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Nothing i clicked on worked, even the blue highlighted ones didnt work, BUT the /way x y DOES work, so thanks again
07-31-07, 05:37 PM   #12
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Seerah
I think something changed with Cartographer that it's not in the same format anymore... I believe LightHeaded has the coordinates as x, y (note the space) but Cart is only accepting x,y or x y now. It's been like this for a little while now. Though I seem to remember it working sometimes.... Not sure really.... I haven't been using the waypoints lately since I know where I'm going while leveling my alt.
Lightheaded has code in it that calls cartographer stuff if its loaded, so the format of the slash commands really doesn't apply. I haven't been in game in a while, but next time I am, I'll check whether mine still works.
07-31-07, 05:59 PM   #13
joive
A Theradrim Guardian

Cartographer Waypoints

I am not having any issues with Cartographer Waypoints and Lightheaded. In NQL, I click on the coordinates of the comments of Lightheaded and the big Red Orange Yellow Green arrow show me the way. Also when I make a Waypoint on the Map with a right click option and when I die, I see the arrow pointing me where I should go.

Sir James Dewar
07-31-07, 06:23 PM   #14
Kyrianna
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I run Cartographer, Lightheaded, and NQuestLog together and have absolutely no problems generating waypoints from Lightheaded. Perhaps you're running an older version of Cartographer?
08-01-07, 03:37 PM   #15
obsidianblack
A Cobalt Mageweaver

ever since i read that you could click on the coords in nquestlog, i've been using it and it works just great for me. I love it when that little red arrow shows up !!!
08-01-07, 04:53 PM   #16
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I tested last night and it does still work.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-01-07, 06:54 PM   #17
doc309
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
waypoint in lightheaded work for me only if i click the name to reveal the x, y and then click that.

also in cartographer you can ctrl right click anywhere on the map to add a note then set that note as a waypoint.

doc

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Waypoints