09-28-07, 02:18 AM   #1
thecupid
A Kobold Labourer
3d character models

I am sorry to bother, but I am a warcraft player that plays ALOT. Now I am absolutely in love with my UI and am very attached to it. Earlier today I was so amazed by your character frames that I abandoned my UI to try to get the frames, but sadly after following the instructions word for word and seeking advice from a friend who suggested me to the UI, I was unable to properly install the UI. I was wondering, if there is a way that a person like me can keep my UI which i am so attached to and add your amazing 3d frames to my interface. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE (sry to spam, but i would really like to have them). And I can tell you with a good amount of certainty that I would be happy to donate to the cause if a party frame were made successfully.

Thanks,
Sheen
09-28-07, 02:44 AM   #2
Hellarion
A Black Drake

Are u referring to Mazzle's 3d characters? Sry you weren't too specific If so I don't think Mazzle's frames are stand alone so you'd have to install mazzleui, but there are some other 3d frames out there like the ones used in the All DeuceUI V. 2.1 (I think thats the one with the cool frames)

ps if it the mazzle ones you'd get more help posting in the mazzle sections
09-28-07, 04:54 AM   #3
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The Mazzle 3d models are built into MazzleUI and cannot be used standalone. However there is a mod that shows 3d models, ZMobDB. This includes ZuxanaModelCitizen plus a database of camara postions. It can even display death, eating and drinking, and sit, animations. However it does not do the real time model reaction (such as getting hit) like Mazzle's can. Still a nice mod that I use.
09-28-07, 09:15 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yep, ZMobDB ( http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=7029 ) will give you 3-d models, or if you want to change the portrait in your unit frame to 3-d, get Adapt ( http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Portraits.html ) - they work for both circle and square frames.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-28-07, 02:24 PM   #5
Sithraza
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

PitBull can also have full 3-d models i think
09-28-07, 03:14 PM   #6
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Xinh
The Mazzle 3d models are built into MazzleUI and cannot be used standalone. However there is a mod that shows 3d models, ZMobDB. This includes ZuxanaModelCitizen plus a database of camara postions. It can even display death, eating and drinking, and sit, animations. However it does not do the real time model reaction (such as getting hit) like Mazzle's can. Still a nice mod that I use.
If I had to compare the model add-ons:

------
ZMC
------
Pros: Stand-alone. More general. You can choose which models you want to show (even odd ones) and move/scale them.

Cons: It's up to the user to adjust all their camera angles and save them. Inefficient way of indexing and saving those camera angles. The last version I played with had some inefficient event handling, but I think the person currently maintaining the add-on has started to improve that.

----------
Mazz3D
----------
Pros: Properly presents every model in the game without any tweaking required by the user. A lot of event driven behavior (flinching, dying, resurrection). Fluffy interactions stuff (tickling, platform rotation). More efficient. Can dynamically turn itself off based on the context of the situation.

Cons: Not standalone. Positions and scale not modifiable in-game.

-------------------
3DPlayerModels
-------------------
I think this is the original 3d model add-on that came out. It's still being used in some prominent UIs to this day. I think it originally started with a small proof of concept add-on that Lozareth did. He abandoned it and then a few other people then built on it. My memory is a bit hazy on this, but from what I remember...

Pros: Did do some event stuff, though I don't think it worked very well. I remember it even had something to bring up green mist around the characters if they get poisoned. Fairly, lightweight IIRC.

Cons: No camera angle saving of any sort, so many models displayed poorly. No configuration GUI, though you could drag and scale stuff.

----------
Others
----------

Finally, there are several unit frame add-ons and even some HUDs that will let you display player models. My guess is that they are probably very bare bones and don't offer many of the pros of the other add-ons. I'm not at all informed on these, so I'll leave it at that.

------------------------------

If you only want to display your player and party, any of the solutions would be fine. It's only when you want to display your target or, in some case, player pets where it becomes dicey and the camera angles become important.
09-28-07, 04:52 PM   #7
Ev_
An Aku'mai Servant
Mazzle, is there no hope of ever getting the Mazz3D models as a standalone?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » 3d character models